PD blower useless on the street???

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Ya, I daily drive it. I put about 11-12,000 miles on per summer. I have done back-to-back-to-back runs on a low 80* day and lost 1.5mph, and .3 seconds e.t. wise. Actually, my second run was my fastest mph, lol. The car handles PERFECT in traffic with my AED tune :) I never logged my IAT2's because I never saw a drop in timing or performance. I am on 93 octane only and I can run 19* of timing back-to-back-to-back without it pulling any timing. My tune allows up to 2* to be added and I have yet to see it not be able to add/maintain all 2*. I was told that if the blower is kept under 10psi, you won't see an issue with heat soak, it's the guys running 12+psi that really see the heat issues. I am still on the stock roush H/E too, I would imagine the upgraded H/E's would help for the higher boost cars.

Very nice.

I love PD blowers. Are you seeing 17*+2*(adder) for 19* total? Or 19* with a +2 adder for 21* total? That 60-120 looks strong

Voltwings

Established Member
Mebcop, do you drive yours daily? How does it handle in traffic? Too hot? Do you know what the temps are (ambient, prior to blower, post blower)?

Ya, I daily drive it. I put about 11-12,000 miles on per summer. I have done back-to-back-to-back runs on a low 80* day and lost 1.5mph, and .3 seconds e.t. wise. Actually, my second run was my fastest mph, lol. The car handles PERFECT in traffic with my AED tune :) I never logged my IAT2's because I never saw a drop in timing or performance. I am on 93 octane only and I can run 19* of timing back-to-back-to-back without it pulling any timing. My tune allows up to 2* to be added and I have yet to see it not be able to add/maintain all 2*. I was told that if the blower is kept under 10psi, you won't see an issue with heat soak, it's the guys running 12+psi that really see the heat issues. I am still on the stock roush H/E too, I would imagine the upgraded H/E's would help for the higher boost cars.

Quick side track here, because Jabooh1 and i were actually talking about this at lunch the other day. After installing my Cobrajet, I dont believe the Coyote has an IAT2 sensor from the factory (or at least i dont remember unplugging one lol), so how does one measure / log temps post blower? Do the kits come with some sort of temp probe / harness? Thanks.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Quick side track here, because Jabooh1 and i were actually talking about this at lunch the other day. After installing my Cobrajet, I dont believe the Coyote has an IAT2 sensor from the factory (or at least i dont remember unplugging one lol), so how does one measure / log temps post blower? Do the kits come with some sort of temp probe / harness? Thanks.

Ya, the VMP kit comes with the second IAT sensor that is preinstalled in the lower intake manifold. It also comes with the wiring harness that has to be pinned to the factory ECU. It's pretty simple really. Only took a couple minutes to complete when I installed the kit on a local buddies car.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Very nice.

I love PD blowers. Are you seeing 17*+2*(adder) for 19* total? Or 19* with a +2 adder for 21* total? That 60-120 looks strong

It is 17 base + 2 added for a total of 19. Thanks, it feels strong too :)

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
19 degrees of timing on 93? at 600whp+ ? doesn't that seem excessive?

A lot of logging was done to make sure there was no knock. Shaun said I have really good gas in my area. I ONLY fill up at the one gas station 99% of the time, and if I have to fill up somewhere else I ALWAYS use my Torque App to check to make sure it's not pulling timing (seeing knock).

Escessive? I agree that it's asking a lot of the stock motor, but I don't think it is an "unsafe tune". If something goes, it will get replaced with stronger parts. I'm fine with 19* as long as it's not knocking.

I would rather run the increased power, and have to replace it if something goes.

PS- Voltwings- Mine is just the Roush kit and it comes with the IAT sensor also, you just wire it in to the PCM.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
PS- Voltwings- Mine is just the Roush kit and it comes with the IAT sensor also, you just wire it in to the PCM.

As far as i can tell, the VMP kit is basically just a roush kit with the different blower/elbow. It uses all the same OEM components of the roush/Ford racing stuff. Factory fit is a beautiful thing.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
As far as i can tell, the VMP kit is basically just a roush kit with the different blower/elbow. It uses all the same OEM components of the roush/Ford racing stuff. Factory fit is a beautiful thing.

I always wondered what is actually different between the Roush and VMP TVS's. They look exactly the same...lol. I was guessing it had to do with the elbow and possibly some porting in blower casing. Maybe they just cleaned up the casting "roughness". I couldn't believe that there was no cleaning done on the casting edges on my roush blower. It was rough as hell.

Jabooh1

Established Member
From what I know Roush builds the VMP kit for them to slightly different specs. The Roush and Gen II VMP are quite different as the elbow is now attached on Gen II.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
My tvs kicked ass on the street. I was hooking 700+ on e85 on the streets which is tough to beat. Hurt many vette owners feelings. Just sold the kit, but I'll take that kit over a centri anyday.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
My tvs kicked ass on the street. I was hooking 700+ on e85 on the streets which is tough to beat. Hurt many vette owners feelings. Just sold the kit, but I'll take that kit over a centri anyday.

:beer: Simplicity, driveability, and stocklike looks/fit FTW

pickles

Established Member
No doubt a car with less TQ is easier to launch. I've cut a 1.66 with my manual tvs'd car, so it def can be done, but not very consistently.

You're trapping 146!!! Holy poop. Nice! What kind of boost/hp are you running?

I was finally able to run my car at the track couple weeks ago. 11.05 @125 with Consistent 1.53 & 1.54 60 foots all day with an M6 and drag radials. Can't say enough about my full BMR suspension & strange adjustables. I'm sure a 1.4x is realistic on a hard launch, I'm still running a 3.73 torsen diff with axle tubes that are not welded so I tried to ease it off the line best I could.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I was finally able to run my car at the track couple weeks ago. 11.05 @125 with Consistent 1.53 & 1.54 60 foots all day with an M6 and drag radials. Can't say enough about my full BMR suspension & strange adjustables. I'm sure a 1.4x is realistic on a hard launch, I'm still running a 3.73 torsen diff with axle tubes that are not welded so I tried to ease it off the line best I could.

Nice 60! any dyno numbers?

pickles

Established Member
10552480_10152621101248033_5570557909920167526_n.jpg
Nice 60! any dyno numbers?

Thanks! If I was a little bit heavier on the skinny pedal I might actually get some lift up front! No dyno numbers as of yet, but hopefully soon!

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

That's awesome man!!!

hopony

Established Member

Really don't think it makes much of a difference which kit you have on these cars. Your numbers are almost identical to my paxton m6 car on a 3.8" pulley. Did 11.13@125 1.56 60', but I have 3.31 gears.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Really don't think it makes much of a difference which kit you have on these cars. Your numbers are almost identical to my paxton m6 car on a 3.8" pulley. Did 11.13@125 1.56 60', but I have 3.31 gears.

How much boost is that hopony?

FiveSlow

Established Member
My $5000 centri kit with a few minor upgrades putting me at just under $6k seems to pull harder than that. Aslo it never heatsoaks because the huge front mount it came with works so well. At 40 mph it blows my 305 wide dr off like they were cheese cutters.. First is useless now lol. I can't say how fast it went because I haven't went back yet. But from looking at your video and how mine pulls there is a notable difference.

Could just be the video though?!

What was your average trap?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread