PD blower useless on the street???

pickles

Established Member
Stock diff with cover and welded tubes. I think the clutches are starting to go it was pulling to the side on the launch tonight.

Ah I see. I have the opportunity to swap for a "non" track package differential assembly, but I'm not sure how much stronger it really is over the torsen. I may be best rebuilding mine with a truetrac, or locker.

techwerkz

Established Member
Aren't the fastest cars in the 1/4 all centris (excluding turbos)? Every time I see a crazy new best time it seems to always be with a centri.
Not bashing, i'm curious too. This is what I recall.

Evo Perform has been 7.9x with a Whipple 4.5. There are several other PD cars in the 8's. There are options out there, but the cost is usually the reason you don't see many. Going with a big Whipple requires hood clearance or lowered engine mounts, and an expensive 10 rib conversion. Where as you could run a single setup like CPR's or JPC's on a similarly built car for less. If you're chasing 8's or 7's go turbo. If you want to play in the 9's there are plenty of PD and Centri setups that will get it done. I am going to see what the Gen2 VMP TVS will do with a very small pulley, but I am waiting for better Florida air.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Like I said before I don't think it matters which power adder you do on these cars. Ran a new best tonight 11.00@126 but I have some kind of problem because it should have picked up some mph and it didn't.

[video=youtube;NVRCifWNYac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRCifWNYac[/video]

Not bad 60' for 6000rpm & slicks... But I'm doing almost the same launching at 1500rpm on Nitto's! :poke:

hopony

Established Member
Not bad 60' for 6000rpm & slicks... But I'm doing almost the same launching at 1500rpm on Nitto's! :poke:

I am sure it would leave a lot better with an automatic, but like I said in my post something is not right with the setup because on that run it should have at least gained 3 to 4 mph over my last track outing. So once we get that sorted out the et will improve.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I am sure it would leave a lot better with an automatic, but like I said in my post something is not right with the setup because on that run it should have at least gained 3 to 4 mph over my last track outing. So once we get that sorted out the et will improve.

I was just messin' with ya! :)

Users who are viewing this thread