peaking power too early?

V-Sicks

Established Member
well I was just looking at my HP plot from my dyno and it says im peaking 308hp at only 5,096 rpms does that seem like too low of a rpm to peak at? Is it crazy to think that my car has a little more left in it with another tune? A/F never went below a 11.4 and never went higher than a 12.1

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
For N/A you want your a/f ratio between 12.1 and 12.5. I personally like 12.5. I dont think you peak power is to early it's not like you have a ported intake or something. Just bolt-ons right?

V-Sicks

Established Member
performance red = hawt! Any more pics? Looks like my cars twin!

ask and you shall recieve!

Picture044.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

:banana:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
you ever think of doing the mach 1 lip? My car is your exact twin except i have cobra r wheels...been thinking of adding a lip to add a little to the fornt

Sny714

Established Member
When I bought my 01 and got the dyno graph from the previous owner who had it tuned, my peak tq was around 4800 and peak hp was 5800-6k. Then it was 311/305. Now with the ported lower my Tq Pk is much lower but my peak HP is still around 6k. I would think your peak Hp would be much higher.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
well I was just looking at my HP plot from my dyno and it says im peaking 308hp at only 5,096 rpms does that seem like too low of a rpm to peak at? Is it crazy to think that my car has a little more left in it with another tune? A/F never went below a 11.4 and never went higher than a 12.1

Can you post the graph. Does the curve start dropping after that or stay pretty flat until 6100 RPM?

Ideal safe a/f for maximum hp is 12.8 - 13.2 when measured near the header collector. A tailpipe sniffer would be higher.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Peak should be 6K RPM. Something is off. you may have gotten some retarded cam timing off factory spec which happened in a few 99s and 01s

V-Sicks

Established Member
you ever think of doing the mach 1 lip? My car is your exact twin except i have cobra r wheels...been thinking of adding a lip to add a little to the fornt

anw in concerned with the fitment, kinda seems to be hit and miss
Can you post the graph. Does the curve start dropping after that or stay pretty flat until 6100 RPM?

Ideal safe a/f for maximum hp is 12.8 - 13.2 when measured near the header collector. A tailpipe sniffer would be higher.

i dont have one on the computer but i could take a picture, it def peaks at 5100 and then falls after that. The car does have some sort of a tune on it when i bought it

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Yeh, post it if you can. Would be good to see how dramatically it falls. It doesnt sound right. Is it possible someone has done engine work to it and maybe installed milder cams like those found in 03/04 Cobra/Mach etc engines?

Any port work on the intake manifold or cylinder heads?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Peak should be at 6300 and a/f should be 12.8-13.0. What kind of dyno was it (dynojet, mustang, dyno dynamics)? Loaded dynos are known for creating power peaks that are lower than normal.

V-Sicks

Established Member
Off-topic, but got any more pis of your cobra w/o the wing? Nice ride!

i dont really have many pictures of it current but these are the only wingless shots;

Picture001.jpg

sorry bout the dust, it was still at my shop just after getting painted

Picture042.jpg

Picture046-1.jpg

I'll post the graph when i get home. Im guessing I need to get this dyno tuned when spring comes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread