People who watched Dragon Ball/Z/GT

M3xpress

Established Member
I know I've seen a few things posted about Dragon Ball here before, so I assume there's a handful that could give me their opinion.

Years ago when I was younger I remember Cartoon Network showing DBZ, they took a break at some point and I never finished it.

I just started watching the last bit of it again to finish it off. My question is for those who have seen it, with Dragon Ball GT being a short series, is it worth watching once or should my last memories of this show be DBZ?

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I've heard that GT was extremely cheesy(even more so than Z. Shocking!) I know that most of the voices were different other than Gohan and a couple of others. My brother told me about it about a year ago when I had found out he had ended up watching the series.

mark23svt

Established Member
I know they might be a little cheeesy but as a dragon ball z fan I had to buy all the seasons starting from dragon ball, I don't regret it and I would watch the whole story unfold if I were u.

Stanger00

Established Member
I only finished DBZ and went on with my life. I watched DBZ on cartoon network after school while doing homework. I must of been in the 9th grade or something like that.

20redfire03

Established Member
DBGT was was boring at times to me but towards the end it was good. DBZ they half way remade but its called Dragonball Z kai, I think it cut out all the filler episodes and left the primary storyline/fighting episodes, I think it went from 240-250ish episodes to 90 or so. Most of what I have seen is back from cartoon network and then a few dvds my friend had.

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
I have all of DBZ and the 64 episodes of DBGT (not a big fan of Dragonball though). GT was alright, not great. There are alot of errors in DBGT, but if you just want the action just skip to the Black Dragon saga. Personally they should of quit after the Frieza saga, which is what Akira Toriyama wanted to do, but the producers pushed him into making the Cell & Buu sagas, which you can tell that Toriyama's heart wasn't into it.

Last edited:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Watch them all. No such thing as wasted time watching Dragon ball.. except if they're commercials.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I only finished DBZ and went on with my life. I watched DBZ on cartoon network after school while doing homework. I must of been in the 9th grade or something like that.

This!! I have never seen any of the DBGT. I think I'll watch it eventually though.

PureStang

Established Member
Wasn't impressed with DBGT. I own all of the episodes too, they're rotting away in my closet somewhere. DBZ should have been the end. DBGT just didn't have the excitement that Z had.

Zacharyx

Established Member
I watched all of them, would not set aside time to watch GT again but if it was on or my kids wanna watch it I will not object

Jroc

Established Member
SSJ4 Gogeta was the shit. That bitch was bad, as was SSJ4 Goku.

Yes if you are a true DBZ fan you need to watch GT. No GT isn't as good as DBZ though. Turning Goku back into a kid was stupid and corny IMHO. Also Pan is annoying, and Piccolo was one of my favorite characters and he gets killed off midway through it, but he went in a pretty cool way.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
IIRC Toriyama didn't write GT, therefore I never cared to watch anything past DBZ because it wouldn't be part of canon IMO. Cartoon Network is showing a revamped DBZ with less filler episodes, and less of the stupid stalling for 2 episodes and charging up to transform for 3 episodes BS. I havn't watched any of the revamped episodes and to be honest I have no desire to seeing as how I saw the all the episodes in highschool 9 years ago.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I was a huge fan of dbz for a while there. I hated when they changed the voice actors in the english dub. It was never the same when the pioneer ocean group voice actors were gone. Nontheless i watched it all anyway. Watched a little of dbgt but didnt find it as good.

Here is a pretty funny fanbased re-dub, its done in a abridged and comedic manner, I think any dbz fan would enjoy it. This is the latest episode but you should watch from episode 1. good stuff.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlnyjw5LUj0&feature=relmfu"]TFS Abridged Parody Episode 26 - YouTube[/nomedia]

M3xpress

Established Member
I knew Toriyama not writing GT & not having an adult Goku for most of it were big downsides.

I had heard that Vegeta & Piccolo do not get a lot of screen time which sucks because they are two of my favorite characters.

It seems like for the most part I've heard it's worth watching once to finish it, I'll probably go ahead and knock it out when I finish the Buu Saga.

M3xpress

Established Member
I was a huge fan of dbz for a while there. I hated when they changed the voice actors in the english dub. It was never the same when the pioneer ocean group voice actors were gone. Nontheless i watched it all anyway. Watched a little of dbgt but didnt find it as good.

Here is a pretty funny fanbased re-dub, its done in a abridged and comedic manner, I think any dbz fan would enjoy it. This is the latest episode but you should watch from episode 1. good stuff.

TFS Abridged Parody Episode 26 - YouTube

That's pretty funny.

"What do you think about my new form Namekian?..."I think Ridley Scott is going to sue somebody" :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread