People With Tri-Ax Come In!

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i have tri-ax....been hard on it.

once and a while when i shift into second gear and i let my hand of the handle it slips into neutral! i dont know if something in the handle has gotten loose?!?!?

any thoughts?

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I have a tri-ax...came with the car when I bought it last year. Didn't like it at first b/c I thought it was hard to get into gear....the problem was more than likely me trying to get used to the 6 spd., shifter position, and car in general. 4k miles later and I love it. It's notchy but goes right into gear when shifting slow or fast.

On a side note, I have not tried an MGW yet so I have nothing to compare to. Been trying to get a hold of an MGW from a local who swapped it out for the stocker. Just haven't done it yet.

03SVTKB

Established Member
yeah i have a tri-ax. came with the car. i have never experienced the legendary mgw orange before so i cant really compare my tri-ax to anything but i love it. i like the solid mechanical feel i get from it.
i think i know of the hesitation your talking about... a slight bump maybe? before it fully drops into the gear slot. i don't think much of it but i haven't missed shifts that haven't been driver error:uh oh:
it kind of feels like shifting when the tranny is cold?

mustang_guy

Established Member
I had a triax in my 02 gt and it felt great but when I put one in my 04 Cobra I was pretty dissapointed. Worst thing about it is its really loud. I think Im going to switch to an MGW or Pro 5.0

edit - Anyone else here with a pro 5.0? what do you think about it?

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
i have a tri ax with mgw blue handle i love it i tryed the oprange handle..felt the same..

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
had the tri-ax, felt like 3 gear was vague IMO and notchy. Went to a MGW and havent looked back. I really like the swivel on the shift lever top. You can place that in any position that you desire to feel comfortable.

Jroc

Established Member
I personnally feel a MGW is the crappiest aftermarket shifter on the market. It tries so hard to be quiet, and not knotchy that its vague, and the off center positions that people put them at aggrovates the hell out of me when I'm banging gears.

IMO the best handle for a Tri-Ax shifter is a Tri-Ax handle.

You want to try a good combo get a Pro 5.0 shifter, and put a Tri-Ax handle on it with a Steeda knob.

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
I have a Tri-Ax and I like it when it comes to banging gears. I have Cobra Bob's gasket on it and it's still a little loud. I had a two hour drive to Dallas Monday and I could still hear it ringing in my head after I got out of the car... I don't mind the notchiness of the shifter. The main problem I have is normal cruising. To me it feels as though the 3-4 shift isn't exactly straight back. Fourth feels back and to the right.. But overall I like it. I may try the MGW one day..

Users who are viewing this thread