Pick a job for me :)

jasil

Established Member
Due to following that motto "Happy wife Happy life" I resigned from my great 6 figure job that I liked to be with my wife where she got a new job "she likes" lol. Since I'm the laid back one I figured "How hard can it be?" OOOOOh how stupid, so both jobs sorta suck compared to my old one, anyways help me pick.

JOB #1
Work with my wife though not directly I could see her here and there.
Work Days only YEAH YEAH 600am-430pm
Facility is dirty, filthy, and old, but proven! No climate control so HOT is HOOOOT and COLD is COOOOOLD lol.
Slightly more dangerous than I would like there have been some incidents some work has to be done live (Industrial Electrician)
Job is 10 miles from our house
Pays 75K/yr + Overtime

Job #2
Work at a cutting edge facility with full remote access VPN
Company is a 5 billion $$ company and growing like wild fire
I would learn alot, but have to think alot
Spotless clean and super safe
The negative crazy ass weird schedule 7pm-530am Sun-Wed!! This could change, but would be 1yr before it would.
Job is 30 miles from our house
Pays 80K/yr + Overtime

Wife is partial to me working with her and being home at night (I like the home at night!! More booty ) and the kids (teenagers) like the cool new job because I would see them every morning, every afternoon, and could see them at lunch too if I wanted.

Pick the more dangerous, good ole boy job, that is old and proven (More real electrical work) but waaaay less tech oriented. Or the new swanky location with very little true electrical work and more programming.

So, hard So, hard!!

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Due to following that motto "Happy wife Happy life" I resigned from my great 6 figure job that I liked to be with my wife where she got a new job "she likes" lol. Since I'm the laid back one I figured "How hard can it be?" OOOOOh how stupid, so both jobs sorta suck compared to my old one, anyways help me pick.

JOB #1
Work with my wife though not directly I could see her here and there.
Work Days only YEAH YEAH 600am-430pm
Facility is dirty, filthy, and old, but proven! No climate control so HOT is HOOOOT and COLD is COOOOOLD lol.
Slightly more dangerous than I would like there have been some incidents some work has to be done live (Industrial Electrician)
Job is 10 miles from our house
Pays 75K/yr + Overtime

Job #2
Work at a cutting edge facility with full remote access VPN
Company is a 5 billion $$ company and growing like wild fire
I would learn alot, but have to think alot
Spotless clean and super safe
The negative crazy ass weird schedule 7pm-530am Sun-Wed!! This could change, but would be 1yr before it would.
Job is 30 miles from our house
Pays 80K/yr + Overtime

Wife is partial to me working with her and being home at night (I like the home at night!! More booty ) and the kids (teenagers) like the cool new job because I would see them every morning, every afternoon, and could see them at lunch too if I wanted.

Pick the more dangerous, good ole boy job, that is old and proven (More real electrical work) but waaaay less tech oriented. Or the new swanky location with very little true electrical work and more programming.

So, hard So, hard!!

job 2 without hesitation.

1o1proof

Established Member
Have to be job #2 for me. Worked with the wife for some time and finally got the best of us. Just wore on us seeing each other so much, IMO you have to have time apart.

Zemedici

Established Member
Have to be job #2 for me. Worked with the wife for some time and finally got the best of us. Just wore on us seeing each other so much, IMO you have to have time apart.

Good luck finding a girl in this day and age that believes that....they believe if you're not attached at the hip that you dont care about them or you're ****ing other women...:D

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Do you have experience working in an environment like job #1? If not - job #2, or keep looking. I did it when I was younger and the psychological impact is real. Totally ruined summer for me, all I wanted to do was be inside in the AC after dying in heat all week.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Before answering, I'd like to hear more back story to giving up a 6 figure job you liked.....wtf

Zemedici

Established Member
Before answering, I'd like to hear more back story to giving up a 6 figure job you liked.....wtf

and holy shit i missed that part

So you let your wife convince you to leave a job that you made good money at and enjoyed? o_O

if this were my thread i'd have named it 'pick a wife for me :)'

jasil

Established Member

My wife's company was divested!! Going from a Fortune 50 company to a Fortune 500 company is a lot bigger deal than you would imagine, at least in this case.

Wife makes 100k/yr (salary), has 11 years experience, Masters, and she actually works lol. Her new bosses were 25 and right out of school in corporate...........greener than a new spring leaf. After about a 2 years she was miserable etc etc etc.

She found a job in Texas, so we had many family meetings and talked details, everyone was excited to move to a new place! We knew from the get go I would be the one getting screwed out of the deal, and that very well has turned out to be the case.

Both of the jobs I can make 95k/yr working a little OT it's just starting over that blows. For me it's fight between the heads my big head says job #2 and my little head wants booty and says job #1 lol.

hoamskilet

Established Member
OK, so you actually moved. The way it sounded in the op was you quit to just go work at her company or something lol

jasil

Established Member
Yes, this was truly a family decision..............a you only live once why not try something new that everyone agreed on.....and me being the "enabler" agreed lol.

jasil

Established Member
We have to buy a house first lol, but I'm looking at a car replacement end of the year ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread