Picked up a new C6 in place of the Cobra

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
stroker22 said:
ummmmm C6>COBRA...thats why

I find that just hard to believe...Z06 is a different stroy...but just a regular C6?:shrug:

Common

Established Member
sam92lx said:
I find that just hard to believe...Z06 is a different stroy...but just a regular C6?:shrug:

There is more to cars than straight line accelaration son. Maybe one day you will learn:nonono:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
sam92lx said:

the C6 is the performance equivelant of a C5Z.

And has already been stated, there is more than just straight line performance.

Certainly my pullied 03 was quicker in a straight line. However, out on a road course, it would be left far behind. In the comfort department, the Cobra doesn't hold up. In the Flashy department, the Cobra doesn't hold up....

There's a lot of things the Corvette simply does better.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
stroker22 said:
There is more to cars than straight line accelaration son. Maybe one day you will learn:nonono:

lol, u must really like them...At least I have the day off, gonna go cruise around the Bristol Highway.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
sonblue03 said:
lol, u must really like them...At least I have the day off, gonna go cruise around the Bristol Highway.

Lucky. I've been over to Bristol a few times for the Bristol Bash. There's some really nice driving, roads, and scenery out there.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
stroker22 said:

Hmmm. I wouldnt be able to go to a regular C6 for my Cobra. The Z06 is the only car that would replace what I have now. Dont get me wrong, that C6 is nice! But I would still out do the regular C6 on any type of track with my Cobra. Wish I had the money for C6 Z06 though.:(

06c6z51

Established Member
sonblue03 said:
thanks....Z06 I wish...maybe one day...I got a real good offer on my cobra and the way i see it any car is for sale for the right price. So far Im gonna buy LT/exhaust....maybe some rims down the road, my father had a ZR1 back in the day and Ive always liked Vettes and just happened 2 find a good deal when I was at a Chevy dealership looking for Tahoe's for my wife.
Bought my c6 last Sept. So far I did two mods. Good call on the LTs. The LGs are nice. Or you can go with Bullets or Corsas. Second . Try the Callaway short shifter. Two mods for about $1500 that fit the vette perfectly.
Check out the Corvette forums and you will see that many agree. Not a big fan of the CAIs. Don't believe that they do much.
If you get really mod crazy then then their are some great supercharger packages, ( Callaway, Vette doctors, Vetttetech etc). Good luck with C6. I've NEVER been a Chevy fan :xpl: ............ but I sure have become a Corvette fan. Especially after getting one.

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
DSGTerminator said:
Hmmm. I wouldnt be able to go to a regular C6 for my Cobra. The Z06 is the only car that would replace what I have now. Dont get me wrong, that C6 is nice! But I would still out do the regular C6 on any type of track with my Cobra. Wish I had the money for C6 Z06 though.:(
C6 + Kartech H/C stage 4 package + full exhaust = Your cobra would lose in every aspect.

mustangbee

Established Member
sam92lx said:

stock 4 stock? i hope your kidding...a stock c6 will still pull on a stock 03 cobra...and dont even talk about cornering ability

phils04gt

Established Member
car

Sweet deal man. I just recently got rid of both of my cobras. I was going to wait but couldnt pass up the deal. I got a C6 as well. It by far is no where as fast as the past cobras i have owed, but it handels and rides so much better. Let the mods begin. Congrats on the new ride.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Nice car man...I saw a black C6 the other day that was slammed on brand new chrome Z06 wheels. It was nice. :thumbsup:

That's another nice thing about the corvettes. No need to mess around with aftermarket springs.

Want it lower? Jack it up and give a few turns to the stock adjustment bolts.

raiders03

Banned
06c6z51 said:
Bought my c6 last Sept. So far I did two mods. Good call on the LTs. The LGs are nice. Or you can go with Bullets or Corsas. Second . Try the Callaway short shifter. Two mods for about $1500 that fit the vette perfectly.
Check out the Corvette forums and you will see that many agree. Not a big fan of the CAIs. Don't believe that they do much.
If you get really mod crazy then then their are some great supercharger packages, ( Callaway, Vette doctors, Vetttetech etc). Good luck with C6. I've NEVER been a Chevy fan :xpl: ............ but I sure have become a Corvette fan. Especially after getting one.
Go with Corsa. I just switched out my exaust from B&B to Corsa. I swear I get wood every time I get on it.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Very nice! I would dump my Cobra if it wasn't for kids. Mustang/Cobra's are on the Camaro/SS level...Don't get me wrong I love my Cobra but it's no C6.

Users who are viewing this thread