Picked up a new C6 in place of the Cobra

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
EatonLS-1s said:
Go with Corsa. I just switched out my exaust from B&B to Corsa. I swear I get wood every time I get on it.

What kinda blower do u have? Thats wat Ive been looking into...prob gonna order it soon...with LT/s exhaust and tune, wat kinda whp would i be looking at?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
sonblue03 said:
What kinda blower do u have? Thats wat Ive been looking into...prob gonna order it soon...with LT/s exhaust and tune, wat kinda whp would i be looking at?

Do some searching around on Corvetteforum.com

Most blower guys are putting down 550ish on 6-8psi.

Given stock compression, it's just not exactly the most blower friendly engine.

GTO30272

Established Member
Torch10th said:
the C6 is the performance equivelant of a C5Z.

The only thing the C6 has on a C5Z is a nicer interior. The C5Z still beats it in every imaginable performance category. Don't take this the wrong way, a C6 is a very beautiful car. To all the people not understanding why people would make the switch, you are serious delusional. A Cobra has two main advantages over a Vette; 1) technically you could put someone in the back, although, they pretty much have to be a child or a midget and 2) they are much better platforms for a serious drag car. By drag car, I mean a car frequently at the strip quicker than 9.50's

GTO30272

Established Member
sonblue03 said:

If I had to start over again with a base C6, I would without a doubt go with the STS kit. You're going to save $1500-2000 by not having to buy an aftermarket exhaust and you dont have to upgrade the pulley system or ever worry about belt slip. You'll make an easy 550whp on the stock bottom end, and when you get tired of that, you forge the bottom and turn up the boost. Your wallet is the limit at that point, but it's not too expensive or difficult to make 750whp on 15psi. Hope this helps :beer:

raiders03

Banned
sonblue03 said:
i have a t-trim vortech s/c from A&A Corvettes. I have built motor (9.5 compression) with 5 psi for now. It put down 625rwhp and 585trq. This week I am putting in a huge cam and eventually a bigger blower.

04sn8k

Kenne Bell is my hero
Established Member
Nice car. I have driven my cousins c6 and was really impressed with the drive and handling. They are very smooth and quiet driving cars. I love my Cobra and wouldn't trade it in just yet for one,not a big Chevy fan. But I would defenantly buy a Vette. Congrats and enjoy!

raiders03

Banned
Torch10th said:
Do some searching around on Corvetteforum.com

Most blower guys are putting down 550ish on 6-8psi.

Given stock compression, it's just not exactly the most blower friendly engine.
Wrong. It is a blower friendly motor. My buddy's gto put down 600+ with a twin turbo at 9 psi

Last edited by a moderator:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Sorry for your loss.

Seriously though, the 'vette is the only non-Ford I'd consider in my budget. Nice find.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments....550whp at 8psi or under sounds pretty nice tho....the STS kit could work, but I dont really have plans of building the motor...and Id prefer blower over STS if im gonna be makin under 600 (just a personal preference, less parts/pipes etcetc for a blower)...Would you guys recommend a blower over H/C? (damn it, Im wantin to go big on this car now....I said id do LT/exhaust and a tune and be done w/ some wheels)...I need 2 get off this forum.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
My wife got kinda ticked bc we were goin 2 chevy to look at a Tahoe for her and ended up walking out w/ a Vette for me....I let her take it out 2nite w/ a friend of hers...I told her one mark and shes never driving it again (shes good, she was able to handle my KB Cobra no problem).

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Last edited:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I love the fact that it started by looking for a Tahoe for your wife, and then you get a C6. Looks great! :beer:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
GTO30272 said:
The only thing the C6 has on a C5Z is a nicer interior.

I agree the C5Z is the better performer. The C6 seems to drive way smoother though, and IMO, it has way better styling with nicer options. The C5Z seems to have lots of squeaks & rattles compared to C6s, but that just might be because it's an older car. (The one I drove was a 02).

you are serious delusional. A Cobra has two main advantages over a Vette; 1) technically you could put someone in the back, although, they pretty much have to be a child or a midget and 2) they are much better platforms for a serious drag car. By drag car, I mean a car frequently at the strip quicker than 9.50's

And the nearly $20,000 price difference between a C6 and a Cobra. Also the fact that you can add a pulley, port, plugs, and tune for less than the price of headers installed on a C6. 03-04 Cobras are still the best bang for your buck car, and they look great and are fun as hell to drive. I don't think people who want to keep their 03-04 Cobras are delusional. Everyone has their own preferences.

Last edited:

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
yeah..cant say the wife is too thrilled but shes likin it a lot....Im lookin at a procharger kit for it, very strongly thinkin bout it...gotta save for a month or two..

Users who are viewing this thread