Picked up gauges today! WOOT!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
well they are autometer white faced phantom gauges...a boost, fuel pressure, water temp, and an oil pressure on the way. As well as a Dynojet A/F wideband gauge. IT retailes for over 500 bucks but i got it for 440! It is the same kind they use for dynos, hence dynojet, or well same application lol! I also got a 3 gauge pillar as well as a 2 gauge pod insturmental cluster! I think A/F,BOOST,WATER will go on the 3 pillar then fuel and oil will go in cluster! All together it was like 900 lol!

ModsAway

Established Member
Yes please do post some pictures I would like to see what the phantom gauges look like compared to the stock gauges...

Anyone know if they are similar or the same as the lunar series?

WDW MKR

Established Member
ModsAway said:
Yes please do post some pictures I would like to see what the phantom gauges look like compared to the stock gauges...

Anyone know if they are similar or the same as the lunar series?

Phantom are white-faced gauges with a black bezel. The have standard lighting instead of the luminescent Lunar gauges.

04torchred

Established Member
How much was the triple pillar pod? Sounds good on placement, the only one I might switch would be the fuel and water. Just so all the engine temp pressure stuff is right in front of you.

BruntzySVT

Established Member
it was like 65 dollars and i lost the bolts so i used funny tape or whatever to hold it in place and it works good!

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
04torchred said:
How much was the triple pillar pod? Sounds good on placement, the only one I might switch would be the fuel and water. Just so all the engine temp pressure stuff is right in front of you.

That is pretty close to my setup, except mine are Lunars.

Water Temp in Gauge Cluster on Left Side of Wheel which puts it on the same side as your Stock Water Temp Gauge.

Oil Pressure in Gauge Cluster on Right Side of Wheel which puts it on the same side as your Stock Oil Pressure Gauge

I think this is good so you can easily check the one gauge against the other.

Then up the A-Pillar I've got Boost/Vaccuum, Fuel Pressure, and EGT Pyrometer.

I've considered putting in an Air/Fuel Gauge, but I thought it might look to crowded.

DimGauges.jpg

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
That is pretty close to my setup, except mine are Lunars.

Water Temp in Gauge Cluster on Left Side of Wheel which puts it on the same side as your Stock Water Temp Gauge.

Oil Pressure in Gauge Cluster on Right Side of Wheel which puts it on the same side as your Stock Oil Pressure Gauge

I think this is good so you can easily check the one gauge against the other.

Then up the A-Pillar I've got Boost/Vaccuum, Fuel Pressure, and EGT Pyrometer.

I've considered putting in an Air/Fuel Gauge, but I thought it might look to crowded.

DimGauges.jpg

Have any of your lights gone out? My EGT is out & the Boost is 1/2 as bright as it should be..

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
Have any of your lights gone out? My EGT is out & the Boost is 1/2 as bright as it should be..

Yeah, my Fuel Pressure Gauge Light failed a couple months ago.

I contacted AutoMeter and they took care of it without any questions.

04torchred

Established Member

that looks awesome, but im afraid I would get distracted...I got the two gauge pod....fuel and boost gauges...[/QUOTE]

The water temp and oil pressure we could have done without if Ford would have given us useful gauges. Who builds an expensive engine and then gives people a needle that sits in between Cold and Hot. Plus I believe the oil pressure gauge is just a dummy gauge. Once you get so many pounds of oil pressure it just moves to the middle of the gauge.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
That is going to be a sweet set-up. I only went with the two pillar pod and a steering column pod (Boost and Fuel Pressure on the pillar, and my WBC AF gauge on the steering column. Here's how mine turned out:

d2942b57.jpg

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
i did have one other quick question...my boost gauge says 2" and the fuel pressure says 2-1/16"...any idea why that is? oh yeah, I did buy them from a guy on the forum, but will the sizes look different once in the pod?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're going to love that setup. I had the Lunar series (but only the fuel pressure and boost) with the A-pillar pod and really liked them.........especially at night. There I go, dreaming about my Cobra again! LOL!

ModsAway

Established Member
Grey03Cobra are your gauges the Lunar series as well?

Anyone have pictures of the phantom gauges? At night?

sweet10th

Established Member
Looking at either the dual a-pillar or the single steering cowl pod ....where did u guys get yours from ?

WDW MKR

Established Member
Just go to www.autometer.com and take a look. As I mentioned above, they are white-faced gauges with black bezels. They also have standard lighting, rather than the green luminescent lighting of the Lunar series. They are a good looking guage, but do not match the factory gauges or interior.

If you look at the post from Gray03Cobra, the gauge in his steering column pod is an Autometer Phantom.

Users who are viewing this thread