Picked up my Shelby Earlier! Pics inside

Jpjr

Established Member
Great ride. You must have that giddy feeling we all get when you get a new toy.. especially one of this caliber. Envious.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
quad said:
What type of modifications to the chassis would you recommend for an 03? Besides subframes of course.

It depends on how serious you want to get. A good starting point would be to remove ALL rubber from your IRS. (shameless plug, see my sig) This is relatively inexpensive but will require a bit of effort on your part for the install.

Next would be complete MM front C/O suspension with K-member, LCA's w/Delrin and CC plates. MM FLSFC would be advised also. This stuff won't be cheap! But well worth in IMHO.

How well do you want your car to handle? Depends on how much money and labor you want to put in it!

There is NO comparision between the stock SN-95 suspension, (even with the stock IRS) and the S197 stock suspension. (even with the stick axle)

FWIW

YMMV

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Next would be complete MM front C/O suspension with K-member, LCA's w/Delrin and CC plates. MM FLSFC would be advised also. This stuff won't be cheap! But well worth in IMHO.

i would go with the full sla koni adjustable c/o front suspension from griggs and cc plates. i have heard great things from both mm and griggs so i dont think you can go wrong.:coolman: :D

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i would go with the full sla koni adjustable c/o front suspension from griggs and cc plates. i have heard great things from both mm and griggs so i dont think you can go wrong.:coolman: :D
griggs aren't as reliable as MM for daily use.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm not a Griggs fan boy and I don't think the Mustang SLA is a good idea even for a street driven car.

From what I have seen at the race track, there is no question I would go MM all the way. But that's just my opinion.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Okay...I hear you about the chassis...but can you imagine how this car would handle with the stiffer chassis and an IRS underneath it?

jimwood

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
From what I have seen at the race track, there is no question I would go MM all the way.

:rollseyes It gets a little annoying when I have to read a mod baggin on Griggs every single opportunity. Give it a break for once.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
jimwood said:
:rollseyes It gets a little annoying when I have to read a mod baggin on Griggs every single opportunity. Give it a break for once.

Every single opportunity?!?! I believe this is the first suspension discussion I have had in the GT500 section?!? :shrug:

I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em!

You can do a Griggs search over in the Cobra R section and see what turns up? :read:

Griggs has plenty of fans, I'm just not one of them. Everybody likes something different, just like blondes, brunettes or redheads. What's the best beer? Same thing. You'll get 500 different answers.

I did not blast Griggs components, I didn't say Griggs was not good?

:-D

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
What's the best beer?:-D

I've been a big fan of Bell's for the last couple of years. I'm glad I found some Stone's in Ohio recently.

Suspension? No problems with my MM and excellent customer service to boot.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
dgussin, congradulations on a fine car. Thank you for the informed review and driving feedback. P.S. change your car in your avatar area!:poke: We'll let it slide for now because your out driving... be good be safe.:thumbsup:

TEABG

Banned
ac427cobra said:
Every single opportunity?!?! I believe this is the first suspension discussion I have had in the GT500 section?!? :shrug:

I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em!

You can do a Griggs search over in the Cobra R section and see what turns up? :read:

Griggs has plenty of fans, I'm just not one of them. Everybody likes something different, just like blondes, brunettes or redheads. What's the best beer? Same thing. You'll get 500 different answers.

Global West :rockon:

jimwood

Established Member
ac427cobra said:

Sorry, I over reacted; I'm having a rough day. You go to Togos thinking you can get a nice roast beef sandwich on some sourdough bread and they dont have it, but they have every other type of bread in the world, e.g. 7 oat guaranteed to shit whole wheat bread, chiabatta bread, wild wonder orient express bread, but no sourdough. It's bullshit.

Anyway, my CMC Mustang has the limited MM gear permitted, but I like it.

The new S197 chasis, from what I understand, is superior to the SN-95 and Fox. I'm hoping they don't let them in CMC.

Dave, congrats on the new car, good write up. Hey man you gonna give me that 100 dollars you owe me for betting I couldn't pegging my boost meter at 5700 rpm? :beer:

bubbrubb

Congrats man! I'm so happy to see that it finally came in and that you are enjoying it!!! I really like the color combo too! Woo, now only a million days till mine :(

reality can be a buzz kill sometimes :nonono:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
damn congrats dave, the car finally arrived and looks fantasic!!! Maybe i'll run into you on the freeway or something. Have fun with the car!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
VelociTT said:
Congrats man! I'm so happy to see that it finally came in and that you are enjoying it!!! I really like the color combo too! Woo, now only a million days till mine :(

reality can be a buzz kill sometimes :nonono:
sorry to hear bro, I am sure your day will come and you'll be ecstatic. I can't stop :D

The car snaps a bunch of necks on the street. It's kind of wierd and funny getting people to come up to you and give you a thumbs up and tell you how sweet the car is.
Wishing4Cobra said:
damn congrats dave, the car finally arrived and looks fantasic!!! Maybe i'll run into you on the freeway or something. Have fun with the car!
ya never know...

jimwood

Established Member
Dave, anymore pics???

Does it have a deeper exhuast note? Can you spin fairly easy in second?

Edit: How does throttle by wire compare?

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
jimwood said:
Dave, anymore pics???

Does it have a deeper exhuast note? Can you spin fairly easy in second?
I am gonna go take some pics of my navigation in a few...

The car has a nice note to the exhaust, much louder than a stock 03-04 cobra...it's still way too quiet though.

Users who are viewing this thread