Picking up a drive on lift, any must have accessories?

Black2010

Established Member
I'm picking up a 4 post drive on lift Sat. It's used (I know the owner) but basically brand new. He just used it in his garage to store one of his high end show cars on it and park another under it. He's getting out of the hobby and is purging his garage so I'm picking up the lift. The lift already comes with drive on ramps that should work for my mustang and viper already, a drip pan tray and a jacking tray that you can use bottle jacks in to lift the car off the ground to work on the suspension.

Figured I'd ask the pro's on here if their were any accessories that you find you use all the time that I should consider. I'm thinking about some kind of jack that I can use to hold the engine, trans or exhaust up if I'm needing to do any work on those items.

I already have all the power tools and such, looking more along the lines of things needed when using a lift. So excited to not to be having to lay on my back anymore to work on my cars!

Established Member
Yep on the bucket, plus you should consider the extendable jack, for everything you can think of. I currently use the jacking tray with 2 bottle, but am on the look out for a reasonable priced sliding jack to lift either end for things like brakes and tire changes

Machdup1

Established Member
A cover for the lower car. Upper cars always drip something and paint jobs are spendy.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
One thing to think about. Generally lift's require about 6" more of concrete. I've been pricing out lifts as I'm in the works of getting a estimate on a new garage. My buddy is a self employed concrete guy. He told me this.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
Speaking of 4 posts, my friend is buying one and says it doesn't need to be bolted to the floor. True? Seems sketchy to me.

Established Member
Mine is probably 10 years old and never bolted down. With one car set low, or no car on the lift, there is a caster set that allows you to move the lift wherever you want. Agree on the cover for the lower car, but I have had no problems yet using the supplied plastic drip trays. I do worry with a fuel cell car on top, incase it develops another dreaded drip. It made me nervous at first, but its solid

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is not bolted to the floor either. When placing your order for the lift get extra drip pans. They have a tendency to break over time and can be hard to get extras after the fact.
The oil change bottle is a must as well.
Cover for the car on top. They get dusty sitting up there.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Speaking of 4 posts, my friend is buying one and says it doesn't need to be bolted to the floor. True? Seems sketchy to me.
My uncle has had one for as long as I can remember, probably 20 years. He has never bolted it down and has moved it in the shop to various different spots.

It's had an old fox body sitting on it for probably 8 of those years.

Users who are viewing this thread