Picky Eaters

jcthorne

Established Member
99.99% of fish fresh water or salt I don't like, my friend who hunts and fishes caught some tuna and I liked that but it was less then 24 hours old and wasn't fishy yet, I actually preferred it raw. Don't get me started on water bugs (crabs/lobster yuck) Ive also eaten some salmon tar tar that was pretty good but it was diced into tiny pieces and had some kind of creamy goodness to go along with it, but it was also prepared by chef Jorel Pierce. Same night I finally had venison and liked it (after trying to like it many times before).
I do however love me some elk meat.

I've recently gotten into salads but even then I pick my way through them. I think I'm slowly becoming less picky but it's not easy and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat much seafood.

So you don't dislike fish, you dislike old rotten fish. Fish and shell fish do not 'smell fishy' unless they are old or poorly prepared. No one likes that, you have just been fed bad food.

Similar for the venison, you dislike the 'gamey' funk. You should. Its old, improperly prepared or badly cooked. As you are discovering, properly prepared venison and elk are wonderful.

Problem is, so many folks have been talked into trying bad fish, bad game etc and assume that's what they taste like and therefore believe they hate all fish and game.

Coiled03

Established Member
The list of things I won't eat is pretty short. For better or worse, most of the items are things that are good for me like brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, and spinach (well....unless it's on a pizza).

Other than that, I can't think of many things I don't like.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
My kids try to be picky at times, but it doesn't work here. They aren't allergic to anything, so I make them sit at the table hungry staring at it. After a while, and maybe some crying, they eat and usually ask for more.

Stang Lover

Established Member
I'm willing to try ALMOST anything once and if I don't like it I won't eat it again. It took me a while to adjust to seafood but after a while I like shrimp, tilapia, & salmon baked, grilled, or fried. My mom is Asian so I grew up eating something new. She always told me though "there are people out there who have no food or water" and so I never became a pickey eater.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I personally have a very short list of don't eats most of which either my mom or dad also doesn't eat therefore it was "influenced" on me because we didn't eat that such as black eye peas, collard greens. I will eat eat anything really just don't prefer certain things. My wife on feh other hand is very picky and has rules of eating

Food can not touch unless it was cooked together. Juices do not touch. If they do she does not eat that part and also if food touches. Ie chicken and rice is ok.

Veggies is very limited. She has gotten better since being with me.

o and don't be cute and throw something on her plate causing something to touch she will grab the nearest object and try to stop you !!

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I never had a choice as a kid. Had to eat it no matter what. I have just a few things that I don't like. I will try anything too. Doing the same with our little guy.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Im kinda picky, i hate fish, liver and boiled eggs. Other than that ill eat most things and i try anything once.But dont put raisins in my damn cookies, peppers or pineapple on my pizza lol

What pisses me off however is that I and my daughter are lactose intollerant and my damn family cannot grasp that. They are always like "oooh she can have some ice cream it will be ok" wrong damn answer! One spoonfull of ice cream will put me and her in the bathroom curled up in the fetal position for hours!

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im not picky at all when it comes to food.

If I dont like something, ill throw in some mayo or tapatio to make it more to my liking.

If a particular item comes with something I dont like, I dont order it. Im not one of those "hold the onions, hold the pickles, etc" kind of faggel. I order it how it comes. Sometimes ill add stuff to an item, IE smashburger classic smash and add the fried egg on top (similar to a Royal Red Robin). That doesnt make me picky, that just means I like additional options.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Im kinda picky, i hate fish, liver and boiled eggs. Other than that ill eat most things and i try anything once.But dont put raisins in my damn cookies, peppers or pineapple on my pizza lol

What pisses me off however is that I and my daughter are lactose intollerant and my damn family cannot grasp that. They are always like "oooh she can have some ice cream it will be ok" wrong damn answer! One spoonfull of ice cream will put me and her in the bathroom curled up in the fetal position for hours!

I would be fixing them some ex lax brownies after the first time!!

TorchMach

Established Member
I eat pretty much anything but notice if I'm in the mood for a certain food then that's all I want...lol

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Omg I have three boys. 12, 11 and 5. Getting everyone to eat the same meals are impossible. Feeding everyone nutritious foods is a part time job. My little one eats most thingsthat bit not certain veggies . My 12yo will eat fruits and some veggies. my 11yo eats nothing but meat. Lol his meals consist of beef jerky, chicken, hamburger turkey ect. And they all love the junk food. Yesterday my middle son ate pop tarts for breakfast, nachos for lunch before a decent chicken dinner. I have to constantly ask them to go get a piece of fruit. My wife is the culprit. She buys all that crap and she too is picky. I eat very healthy for the most part. I work out so try to eat clean but cheat every once in a while. Seeing my family eat shit all day makes me sad really. I know they are not getting the nutrients they need. OP when you have kids of your own, it will be a whole other challenge.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Same here, I'll eat pretty much anything that isn't burnt or over cooked. My wife and son on the other hand eat crap. I try the whole if you don't like what I've made then don't eat but my wife cracks and will make him something else. Can't wait for the new food test kitchen to open in our town where different people can rent spots for the night / week / month and cook and make their own style of food to sell.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I am very, VERY picky(in my eyes) and maybe that isn't a good word but plain. I enjoy a salad with no dressing.....but I have tried just about everything. Sushi being one, my girlfriend(loves sushi) will go out and I will eat something else but I have tried every combo of roll, 5-10 times and just can't get a taste for it. I won't just arbitrarily say "I don't like it" I will try it and cross it off. I enjoy deer, duck, lamb(had that on Friday) but I don't like many sauces.

I do however hate oatmeal, I think the texture gets me....but none the less.

I will eat ANY veggie you put infront of me minus tomatoes.

Users who are viewing this thread