Picky Eaters

Adiabatik

Banned
So I've got quite a bit of picky eaters in my family and honestly, it's ****ing annoying. I have a brother who doesn't ANY vegetables and a select variance of food in general. 75% of diet consists solely of pizza (and no, he's not fat). I also have a sister who, although is not quite as picky, is picky as hell. When I go out to eat with anyone in family (and those 2 are included), they are the one's who pretty much dictate where we go. A home-cooked family meal must include a separate dish specifically to appease to those 2 dolts.

Personally, I eat EVERYTHING (my mother is the only other person in my immediate family who is similar). My favorite food is sushi (the word "sushi" revolts my brother and sister). I enjoy escargot, duck, lamb, bison, ostrich, deer, caviar, tongue, frog legs, gator bites, sea urchin, every type of seafood imaginable, and etc..... The only things I don't eat are hard-boiled eggs and liver! YUCK!

I also have a pet-peeve with picky eaters. I cant stand people who dislike a food but have yet to even try it. FOR **** SAKE, at least try it before saying that you don't like it!

So, what don't you enjoy eating AND have you at least tried eating it before?

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I'm a picky eater and I eat hard boiled eggs after I workout. Well I may be picky but I eat foods that I don't like because I know it's healthy. I most likely won't tell you I despise what I'm eating.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
I'm somewhat picky and I freaking hate it. It's so annoying that I don't like certain foods no matter how hard I try. Salad is one of the most amazing looking foods to me but I can't stand lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. I've been trying to change it for years, but I just can't make myself like it.

oldmodman

Established Member
There are only a few things I don't like. Some will actually make me sick.

Raw onions. Don't mind them cooked or in onion rings:shrug:

Raw tomatoes, even though they are the plant I really like to grow. But in sauces and cooked I love them.

And bell peppers. Can't stand them in anything. Cooked, in sauces, on a pizza, hate them all.

And things I tried once and would barf if I had to eat them again.
Like tongue, brains, and haggis.

Adiabatik

Banned
There are only a few things I don't like. Some will actually make me sick.

Raw onions. Don't mind them cooked or in onion rings:shrug:

Raw tomatoes, even though they are the plant I really like to grow. But in sauces and cooked I love them.

And bell peppers. Can't stand them in anything. Cooked, in sauces, on a pizza, hate them all.

And things I tried once and would barf if I had to eat them again.
Like tongue, brains, and haggis.

Tongue took a little time for me. My mother enjoys the Mexican dish lengua (which is "tongue" in Spanish, but the term refers to a specific preparation). I tried multiple times at first and it actually tasted great, but it was the mental aspect of ingesting tongue that made me ill. I've since overcome that mental block and enjoy the dish.

Im willing to try brains as long as they're prepared correctly.
I will never eat haggis!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
The way I see it is you have the same "full" feeling if you eat healthy or not so you might as well do your body a favor. I hate eating healthy sometimes but I literally feel more energized eating fruit, vegetable and chicken over some delivery. Whole food helps speed up your metabolism too which is a plus

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
So I've got quite a bit of picky eaters in my family and honestly, it's ****ing annoying. I have a brother who doesn't ANY vegetables and a select variance of food in general. 75% of diet consists solely of pizza (and no, he's not fat yet). I also have a sister who, although is not quite as picky, is picky as hell.

corrected

440sprint

Established Member
You don't know picky until you have to deal with an "organic vegetarian"! My wife has sprung this on me slowly in the last 15 years, REAL PITA!

I am one of those who "eats anything that doesn't eat me first"!

Wifey is probably healthier than me.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
For years my wife would not eat venison. Now that she is all about unprocessed foods, venison is her favorite. Go figure.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
My sister's kids are some picky mofos. My niece is a pseudo vegetarian, my nephew takes little girl nibbles of food to see if he likes it:rollseyes , gtfo. When I was a kid my father would beat us for turning down my mother's cooking. We ate everything.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I was raised by a gourmet chef (dad) and after he died a great cook (mom). But it was also "You don't like it, don't eat" in my house. I'll pretty much eat anything, but I LOVE good Asian cuisine and authentic Mexican food.

verbal

Established Member
My brother-in-law's wife eats like a three year old. Every time we make a family dinner at our house she comes up with an excuse of why she cannot eat it. She just sits there and stares at it. Next time I think I will make a regular meal for everyone else and then bring out a plate of animal shaped chicken nuggets for her.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
99.99% of fish fresh water or salt I don't like, my friend who hunts and fishes caught some tuna and I liked that but it was less then 24 hours old and wasn't fishy yet, I actually preferred it raw. Don't get me started on water bugs (crabs/lobster yuck) Ive also eaten some salmon tar tar that was pretty good but it was diced into tiny pieces and had some kind of creamy goodness to go along with it, but it was also prepared by chef Jorel Pierce. Same night I finally had venison and liked it (after trying to like it many times before).
I do however love me some elk meat.

I've recently gotten into salads but even then I pick my way through them. I think I'm slowly becoming less picky but it's not easy and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat much seafood.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
When I go out to eat with anyone in family (and those 2 are included), they are the one's who pretty much dictate where we go. A home-cooked family meal must include a separate dish specifically to appease to those 2 dolts.
That's an easy choice. Dont invite nor go with them.

I'm picky as well and miss out on a lot of restaurants with others go out. I tell the fiance to go without me or just both stay home. No big deal.:shrug:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So I've got quite a bit of picky eaters in my family and honestly, it's ****ing annoying. I have a brother who doesn't ANY vegetables and a select variance of food in general. 75% of diet consists solely of pizza (and no, he's not fat).

umad?

I haven't eaten a vegetable in years. Vegetables suck.

hoamskilet

Established Member
When I was growing up it was "eat what's cooked for dinner, or don't eat" so needless to say I'm not picky as an adult. In fact I think i like food a little too much lol. My wife's sister is the most picky eater I've ever seen in my life and it drives me crazy. It's not that she just doesn't like a lot of foods. She's one of those people that if there's anything at the table she doesn't like she acts like she's gonna throw up.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
My roommate is my only friend who will eat anything like me. We try new restaurants and different foods quite often and I am never disappointed. I grew up with my mom cooking healthy meals very young, so I had to eat them. Now I like pretty much everything and I grew up to be bigger than anyone else in my family to boot.

I'll suggest a new restaurant to my friends and most of them will just want to go to Generic Restaurant A or Fast Food B. The most recent one that annoyed me was when I took a few of my friends to a unique hot dog place. They serve Buffalo, elk, pheasant, boar, you name it with different toppings. The whole menu is specialty meats. The two friends I was with both ordered plain hot dogs with mustard on top. :bash:

mach14604

Established Member
My wife is kind of like this but she dictates were we can go out to eat. She does not like experiencing new restaurants or new food and it drives me nuts. I can throw out like 50 different restaurants and there is most times she would eat at any of them. I have a handful of restaurants that i can get her to go to. But you can only eat the same thing only so many times.

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I'm a picky eater as well. Who gives a crap if we don't like to eat certain things? We get tired of people trying to cram shit down our throats or question us about our eating habits. Some people don't like to eat certain things...we just don't like to eat alot more. If someone chooses to eat chicken every day no one criticizes them? But eat pizza all the time and "what is wrong with you?" comes out.

Lots of other problems and hurdles in life to bitch about eating habits of someone else isn't there?

Users who are viewing this thread