Pics of my new darkside ride !

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Nice, nice ride!!! But as was already mentioned...don't go aftermarket chromies. They are horribly heavy! The addition of rotational mass is a big no no! Each additional pound of rotational mass is like adding an additional 10 pounds to the overall weight of your car. So it adds up VERY quickly!

For those looking, I'll sell off my '02 ZO6 with cam, full exhaust with LT's, Spec clutch, pulley and tune! <23k on the clock....GREAT CONDITION! Make an offer! It's seriously going on the chopping block soon!

Ok.. I'm confused... The material for the aftermarket ones says alloy aluminum... unless the aftermarket wheels are steel (which they're not), why would they be any heavier than the stock ones ?? the stock ones are aluminum are they not ? I can do the GM chrome wheel exchange through west coast corvettes but I'd have to give them my stock wheels plus about $600 for the exchange... granted they are official GM wheels but I could probably sell my stock ones and get about that much $ and then buy the aftermarket ones and not be out any $.

So are there no aftermarket stock chrome wheels I can get that don't weigh anymore than the stock GM ones ?

Zeekmann

Established Member
dont like it, put some better wheels on it. Never been a fan of yellow, but congrats on having a z06

whiplash306

Established Member
Ok.. I'm confused... The material for the aftermarket ones says alloy aluminum... unless the aftermarket wheels are steel (which they're not), why would they be any heavier than the stock ones ?? the stock ones are aluminum are they not ? I can do the GM chrome wheel exchange through west coast corvettes but I'd have to give them my stock wheels plus about $600 for the exchange... granted they are official GM wheels but I could probably sell my stock ones and get about that much $ and then buy the aftermarket ones and not be out any $.

So are there no aftermarket stock chrome wheels I can get that don't weigh anymore than the stock GM ones ?
I can't honestly answer that question as to why they are heavier with supposedly the same production material. However, when I was looking into purchasing some chromies for my Z, I was taken back with the rear wheels almost being 9 lbs heavier a piece and the front wheels almost being 7 lbs heavier a piece. Even the GM stocker chromies are heavier than the base grey wheels, by about 2 lbs a piece. If you absolutely MUST have chrome wheels, despite the weight difference, then I would most certainly recommend the GM stockers....that is if you're anal about weight savings. Either way, you're going to add rotational mass weight. Ah, decisions, decisions....good luck!

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Your car is in immaculate condition. Congratulations on the pick up and I also think that chrome Z06's will look great on there. :beer:

Edit: Any interior shots?

Last edited:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Your car is in immaculate condition. Congratulations on the pick up and I also think that chrome Z06's will look great on there. :beer:

Edit: Any interior shots?

Thanks bro.. appreciate the props ! Think I found a place to get the stock oem chromes at a very good price.. I'm calling on them tomorrow ! :rockon:

I don't have any good interior shots yet but i'll snap some soon and post them.. interior is damn near perfect.. the guy I bought the car from took excellent care of it.. I was very lucky to find one in this kind of shape.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Thanks ! I'm really liking the darkside so far ! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread