Pics of the 650HP 2013 SVT Mustang Shelby GT500 From the 2011 LA Autoshow

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
wow. i LOVE the front of the car. i think im falling in love with this car like i did when the 2003 cobras first came out. hmmmm... :D

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
That's absolutely ridiculous. NO THANKS! Its still a mustang people. I like my 20K Terminator. All the GT500's are way over priced. Totally ridiculous. Take the stupid Shelby name off there and drop the car down $15K. How much is he getting for putting the name on the car?

Sorry - just irritates me to see a production mustang that is totally out of reach for the middle class. Even the GT's are way over priced IMO.

Your mentality is flawed.. Go occupy wallstreet then.. The shelby is twice the car the terminator could have ever dreamed of being, especially in Fit and Finish, interior, handling, power, emissions, and EVERY other category you could think of...

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
You're forgetting that we are in a recession. Inflation means nothing right now because the average income hasn't changed while the worth of the dollar has dropped.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
You're forgetting that we are in a recession. Inflation means nothing right now because the average income hasn't changed while the worth of the dollar has dropped.
for being in such a big bad recession, ford hasn't had a problem selling $50k GT500s and $45k raptors.
and $40k taurus'.
and $40k boss 302s/$50k boss 302 LSs.
and $50k-$70k powerstrokes.
and $35k explorers/flexs.

yea, real recession we're in.

Aonebadbone

Established Member
I wonder if that's the stock ride height
Looks like Ford redesigned this from the ground up. Cheaper than a corvette with the same H/P. Better suspension and lots of track goodies to. 200 mph is not a average GT.
If I could get some good money for my 07 I would love to have one.

family-man

Established Member
question...is this a SVT or a Shelby? if its not an SVT, will we ever see a TRUE SVT cobra again or will it always be "teamed" up with shelby...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ford pays CS a royalty fee for every car they sell with his name on it. SVT is the group within Ford tasked with taking the S197 chassis/powertrain to the next level. Shelby has nothing to do with the development or manufacture of the car.

And there are quite a few that wish that Ford would let the contract between the two, expire.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
How did this become an economy debate?? Who the hell cares about the economy? If you can't afford it, move along, but you can't tell me that as a car enthusiast you can't appreciate a car you can't afford... Don't hate just because you can't have one right now.

For the money, the Mustang (in every form) is and has been since the 80's, the best bang for the buck in the American "Muscle" car market. This new GT500 is no different and anyone that says its over priced because its "just a Mustang," I'd love to see you find a car that offers as much value for your dollar in that price range. I've had 03 Cobras, a Lightning, a few fox's, a new edge; each one was better than the last and each one was the best bang for your buck on the market at the time it was released, including my current GT500.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I was under the impression that a base LT1 or LS1 was a bit more "bang for buck" from '93 on.

Users who are viewing this thread