Picture Request for Kocky Products Mach 1 Shirt

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yep, we're doing another Mach shirt. We need a straight on shot that shows the entire front of the car, as well as the shaker scoop. Shirt will be styled after the Ram Air shirt for the GM crowd, with the same slogan, pictured below:

shirt59.jpg

Cliff notes - we need a picture of a Mach 1 from the front. Slogan will be "It sucks to be fast". Winner will receive a free shirt in the size of his/her choice.

Spartacus

Banned
Ill see if I can get some up on here. Im at work so this is all I have for now...

SaviRanchmeets012.jpg

SaviRanchmeets089.jpg

1988_GT_Fastback_014.jpg

1988_GT_Fastback_013.jpg

Last edited:

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Brewcity's on the right track.... Need one like that, put the camera angle needs to be lower... (closer to the ground.)

Thanks, and keep them coming!

(the winner will get some free shirts!)

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Heres a few more tips that can help you guys win some shirts...

Lighting is important, as is a distinct difference in shading/contrast between the car and the background... what I mean by that is if your car is blue, you don't want the back ground to be blue as well.... A dark car with a bright background helps (if that makes sense) We need to be able to be able to let the computer seperate the car from the rest of the background without losing features of the car itself. (Spartacus' shot of his well-lit orange car in the parking lot is a good example of good lighting and one with the background different from the car which will allow good seperation.) (he just needs the right angle. :lol1: )

Thansk, and good luck!! ;)

Keith

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Wow, guys, some great shots here - keep them coming, as you all are doing a great job and it's still wide open. It's all about the lighting, contrast, and the environment it's shot in...

Spartacus

Banned
Well Im still voting for shakelford, at least until Sunday when I can get some shots of mine. Those pictures of shakelford's look really good and clean.

Its going to be a black and white shot on the shirt though, right? I think maybe the comp orange will take a better picture for that. (im only a little bias) Hahahahaha

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Actually, you are correct - the lighter colored paints lend themselves better to my process, especially since there is a black stripe up the center of the hood.

Shakelford's is a good shot, but notice how it is more well lit on the right side vs the left side - that hurts it somewhat.

TR03 would be almost perfect if the car was facing the other direction - the front of the car falls in to shadow pretty heavily when I do my tricks on it.

I'd like to kick someones butt at ford who came up with the stupid scooped out sec!ion on the front bumper for the license plate!!

Right now I do have a favorite, but there's still plenty of time to get your pix in, guys, so keep them coming.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Wow, kind of amazing that you can gather that kind of information from one picture!

I did take that picture at night (you can see the light on in the house across the street), the sun was almost completely set behind me, and my garage was casting a shadow over the car. I'll have to see if I have the same shot, but during the daylight. LOL! You can tell I'm not a professional photographer!!

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Oh ok I see what youre talking about, shadows and such. The win is in the bag! right color car, right background, right lighting, right shot. Ill get it done on Sunday for sure!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Wow, kind of amazing that you can gather that kind of information from one picture!

I did take that picture at night (you can see the light on in the house across the street), the sun was almost completely set behind me, and my garage was casting a shadow over the car. I'll have to see if I have the same shot, but during the daylight. LOL! You can tell I'm not a professional photographer!!
Same time of day would be just fine, just turn the car around. :)

I'm not a pro photographer either, but I'm a graphic designer with 10 years experience, and a decent amateur photographer as well.

Oh ok I see what youre talking about, shadows and such. The win is in the bag! right color car, right background, right lighting, right shot. Ill get it done on Sunday for sure!
GIT R DONE! :)

Users who are viewing this thread