Pictures with Eibach Pro Kit Springs

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
omar looks nice...i considered those springs but opted to pass. I'm going to go woth a full coil over setup instead and only lower my car about 1/2 and inch or so.

My car already scrapes on the speed bumps around my apartment. It's insane...3inch piping scrapes eaisly!

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by RedfireVenom
26.25 in the front
27.75 in the rear

Measuring from the floor to the top most point of the fender. I think it will settle some more though. I am very happy with it. You should see my 95 GT, that car scraped on everything. I had Eibachs on that car too, and Tockico 5-way adjustable shocks, so I was afraid it might be too low. I saw a local SVTPerformance member, EOD GUY, with the Eibachs and I liked the height that it had. EOD Guy also said that his wheel hop was pretty much gone with the springs, subframes and IRS bushings. I have another 100 miles left on my clutch break-in so it will be a couple more days before I know, unless we get the snow on Wednesday. In that case the Cobra won't be out till the snow and salt are gone.

With those measurement you actually have a little more "rake" than I do. Your car just seems to look like it sits better. Maybe my car appears to sit different because of the wheel/tire/spacer combo I am running on the rear. Thanks for measuring your car.

As far as the wheel hop. I have the MM IRS bushings and full length weld in subs along with the Eibach's. I just had my car out for a short ride this morning and the wheel hop is NOT any less than it was. Of course with cold tires and roads it seems even worse.

My wife has a 97' Cobra that we did a complete eurethane bushing change(everything from rack bushings to sway bars to control arms), Motorsport progressive rate springs, along with boxed rear lower arms and reinforced stock rear uppers. We both ran that car at the SVTOA event last fall at Beaverun and it handled awesome. It did rain the entire day, but I have raced my AS car in the rain many times and her 97' handled VERY well for street tires(BFG KDW's with about 4k miles).

Darin

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by stevieb
It is going to take about 1k miles for the springs to settle. Mine was the same, I thought wtf...But the back settled about 1-1/2 and the front 1-3/4 total. Be sure you get a 4 wheel alignment after install and 1k later, there will be some adjustments needed.
The part # is M5300J for the pro kit.:rockon:

That part # is actually a Motorsport part number. Even though they are Eibach springs Motorsport specifies the rate they want. I actually bought Motorsport springs for my wifes 97's because they were a higher rate than Eibach offered in their kit. I had called Eibach to confirm that. I didn't compare Motorsports springs for the 03' because I wasn't aware they had some available.

Darin

03'Darin

Established Member
03'Darin, I have put about 450 miles on my car with these springs so that may be the reason it's lower than yours. I remember the same thing with my 95. The springs will settle some with time. I think that with just a little bit on the rear it will be exactly as I wanted it.

I had called Eibach regarding the small amount of drop I ended up with in the rear of my car and the tech line guy said "our springs won't settle". He did tell me I would see a minimal drop but that would just be from the springs seating with the isolators.

When I took my car out for a ride this morning I also filled it with gas......maybe I need to put a couple hundered pounds of weight in the trunk while it sits in the garage waiting for spring so it "settles down".:lol: :lol:

Darin

Last edited:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
Nothing......I did everything myself.:-D

Cool! But I was asking the thread author, sorry! I was wondering what Amazon charged him to install everything.

I shoulda quoted properly.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
Cool! But I was asking the thread author, sorry! I was wondering what Amazon charged him to install everything.

I shoulda quoted properly.

Oooopppss.

I would be curious to know also. Those three items take time and are a PITA to do.

Darin

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Well, I thought the install price was pretty reasonable and I am happy with the quality of the work. The IRS bushings alone take a long time. You also need to take into account that you will need a 4 wheel alignment which can be pricey. Around $140.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Well, I thought the install price was pretty reasonable and I am happy with the quality of the work. The IRS bushings alone take a long time. You also need to take into account that you will need a 4 wheel alignment which can be pricey. Around $140.

If they charged you "around $140" for labor on everything........including a 4 wheel alignment.......that's a deal.

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread