Pictures with Eibach Pro Kit Springs

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Amazon Racing recently did the Eibach Springs, MM Caster Camber plates, Subframe connectors, and Firewall adjuster. Here is pictures of my lowered Cobra. The ride quality is still pretty good. Somewhat stiffer, but the car handles much better now. NJo problems with clearance. I am hoping that the rear end settles down some more. The springs have only been on there about a week. Overall I think that it looks about 1.25 inches lower. I was able to get 3 fingers in the front and now I can get about 1 and a half. In the rear I used to be able to stick my whole fist and now it's about 3 fingers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like the height now. I was thinking about going with the Steeda springs but I keep hearing that the front and rear stance doesn't look right. I had Eibachs on my Z-28 and liked them. After seeing yours I think now I'm leaning towards Eibachs again. Do you have a part number for the set?

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Not sure about the part number, I got them through Linn @ Amazon. Hopefully she can chime in, or I'll see if the part number is on the receipt. The last picture I posted lets you truly see the new stance. The closeup ones make it look like the gaps are huge.

03'Darin

Established Member
Damn.....your car looks alot flatter than mine does. I put the my Eibachs in the week of Christmas but have not driven the car yet. I got 1" of drop from the front and 1/2" from the rear. My car now has more of the "raked" or "jacked up" that I was trying to get rid of. My ride height is 26 3/4" front and 28" rear measured from the ground to the center high point of the fender opening. If you have time please measure your ride height and let me kow. My car is a coupe......but I wouldn't expect that to make a difference.

Darin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks anyway. I'll just give Linn a call when I'm ready. If I need to get a dyno tune after installing my Apten blower I might venture down there anyway.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Let me know so we can meet up :)

You know that you love your car when you boil water and pour it into your soap bucket so that you don't freeze your hand while washing the car in 40 degree weather ;P I can't say that I've done that for any other car.

missile man

Established Member
I just installed BBK springs and got a little over an inch drop in the rear. I haven't done the front yet. I only got about 1/2 inch initially untill I started driving the car to let the suspension settle. BBK told me to give it about a month to get the full drop. But you have to drive it for the susupension to load/unload to work the new springs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by RedfireVenom
Let me know so we can meet up :)

You know that you love your car when you boil water and pour it into your soap bucket so that you don't freeze your hand while washing the car in 40 degree weather ;P I can't say that I've done that for any other car.
I'll definitely do that. I'll make myself a note. I'd love to meet you and check out your beast. :-D

Oh, by the way, I feel like you do about washing in the winter. Last January I had a hot/color faucet installed in the garage for that very reason. Nothing like nice warm water when the outside temp dips. And the advantage to having a hot/cold faucet is that you can also rinse your car with warm water. I think the hardware and install was around $100. Worth it in my opinion,
:beer:

Last edited:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Ill have to post some pics, my steeda spring setup looks identical to that picture. Nice raked look and according to my quick measurements about 1.25 in the front and at least 1 in the back(of course that depends if you leave the isolators in or not)
I left them in to prevent/lessen suspension noise.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
26.25 in the front
27.75 in the rear

Measuring from the floor to the top most point of the fender. I think it will settle some more though. I am very happy with it. You should see my 95 GT, that car scraped on everything. I had Eibachs on that car too, and Tockico 5-way adjustable shocks, so I was afraid it might be too low. I saw a local SVTPerformance member, EOD GUY, with the Eibachs and I liked the height that it had. EOD Guy also said that his wheel hop was pretty much gone with the springs, subframes and IRS bushings. I have another 100 miles left on my clutch break-in so it will be a couple more days before I know, unless we get the snow on Wednesday. In that case the Cobra won't be out till the snow and salt are gone.

Last edited:

stevieb

Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
Damn.....your car looks alot flatter than mine does. I put the my Eibachs in the week of Christmas but have not driven the car yet. I got 1" of drop from the front and 1/2" from the rear. My car now has more of the "raked" or "jacked up" that I was trying to get rid of. My ride height is 26 3/4" front and 28" rear measured from the ground to the center high point of the fender opening. If you have time please measure your ride height and let me kow. My car is a coupe......but I wouldn't expect that to make a difference.

Darin
It is going to take about 1k miles for the springs to settle. Mine was the same, I thought wtf...But the back settled about 1-1/2 and the front 1-3/4 total. Be sure you get a 4 wheel alignment after install and 1k later, there will be some adjustments needed.
The part # is M5300J for the pro kit.:rockon:

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I like the Redfire :)

I think it looks too low personally. It's like, IMO, Ford got the rocker to ground height right but made the wheel wells far too large.

Also, the stock cobra has a uniform distance all around from tire to fender and I like that. The lowered ones have a much smaller gap at the top than on the sides and lookes weird imo.

Just my .0000002$

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
03'Darin, I have put about 450 miles on my car with these springs so that may be the reason it's lower than yours. I remember the same thing with my 95. The springs will settle some with time. I think that with just a little bit on the rear it will be exactly as I wanted it.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I just installed Eibach pros in the front and H&R's in the rear, just about completely took care on the rake. I posted pics the other day of it on another thread.....

Roush9703

Established Member
looks great...i was happy with my eibach springs as well...i saw your car at amazon while i was there for my tuning and it looks really nice...it was my first time seeing redfire in person and i really like it

Users who are viewing this thread