pistons and rods??????

88blackhorse

Established Member
I have a 2.8 lc kenne bell and im looking into building my motor but not sure which billet rods and pistons to go with. I like the diamond pistons but at the same time ive heard good things about l&m pistons and the mmr 2500s what do yall suggest to go with??

1320 Junkie

Established Member
If budget is of no concern...billet I beams from Manley..and coated diamond pistons

Van@RevanRacing

I've built a number of engines with L&M engines with great success. We have used Manley Billet and Oliver Rods and always used L&M custom diamond coated pistons with valve relief.

The key to big power is the cams and heads with the proper compression and proper cam timing. There is so much power available with cams, heads and proper cam degreeing. You've got a great blower to compliment everything and kenne bell has low vaccum bypass valves to work with the cams.

88blackhorse

Established Member
I was also looking into doing cams but wasn't sure if I should do off the shelf cams or spend the extra money on custom grind cams. I do plan on going up on the boost was at 17 aiming towards 20+ with nitrous

Users who are viewing this thread