Plaid times on the street…

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Surely theres a company working on a big brake kit for these cars. I havent checked but does tesla have a carbon rotor option?

The advantage of carbon ceramic rotors is that they are less prone to fading. I have them and the lack of brake dust is the biggest plus for me. They suck in the rain on their initial bite and the anxiety you experience every time a tech has to pull a wheel off isn't worth it unless you track the car.
If I get an allocation to order my dream car (GT3 Touring) it will not have CCB's.

As for a big brake kit on a Tesla I imagine it's physics, the car weighs like 5500lbs iirc. I think the stock Plaid rotors are 16", that's a pretty substantial rotor.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
You have to be using CCB to the limit in order to get the full affect from them no? Just like F1 tires don’t work correctly unless you’re running on the edge

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
They do sell a CCB kit for the Tesla.
You have to be using CCB to the limit in order to get the full affect from them no? Just like F1 tires don’t work correctly unless you’re running on the edge

They stop great on the street, they can be a little grippy at low speeds, they sometimes squeal. If they're wet, when hit the brakes it's like there is nothing there until the water dissipates.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Drove one on Friday. It's silly how easy it was to drive and how much traction it got on the street! Crazy technology!
yep, and until someone drives one they will never understand how good it really is...elon literally shit on 100 years of ICE cars with the plaid...it runs 9's at 25 percent battery too...so the previous complaint on the p100d models has been addressed (losing lots of power after 30-40 percent battery drain).

i don't miss the sound and I have been driving around a supra all over LA this week (rental off turo). The supra sounds great too but I don't really miss it.

csc427

Established Member
My brother and I have identical 911 turbos other than the brakes. He has carbon ceramics and I have steel. The porsche steel brakes are magnificent but the carbon ceramics are better in every way on street and at the drag strip. Night and day difference. I desperately wish I had them. I have them on my zr1 and they’re lovely.

efurlong

Established Member
Not sure why… but I can’t think of this vehicle as “a Machine”. No disrespect or offense. To me… it’s more of a battery on wheels.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
My brother and I have identical 911 turbos other than the brakes. He has carbon ceramics and I have steel. The porsche steel brakes are magnificent but the carbon ceramics are better in every way on street and at the drag strip. Night and day difference. I desperately wish I had them. I have them on my zr1 and they’re lovely.
This is what i mean, especially for a heavy ass tesla. Surprised these arent a factory option really.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
This is what i mean, especially for a heavy ass tesla. Surprised these arent a factory option really.
They will be soon....

$20K is steep.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That thing is absurd fast. The 60-130 surprised me the most being in the 4's. That's nuts and not what folks expect from an EV that is already moving at highway speed.

72SBC

Established Member
Can you swap a normal steering wheel in those? There was a X model going 9.9x at the track the other night gapping everyone. Pretty funny. I’d get a plaid and put some welds on it and 1 kirky and go no prep racing.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Friend has one, fast in a straight line but boring driving feedback (or at least to me.....)

ArabianOak

Established Member
Can you swap a normal steering wheel in those? There was a X model going 9.9x at the track the other night gapping everyone. Pretty funny. I’d get a plaid and put some welds on it and 1 kirky and go no prep racing.
I have seen several people do the normal steering wheel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you keep your Plaid into early winter this year, I'd be interested in hearing what your battery range in on average in very cold (under 40 degrees) weather. I know that is doubtful, but it would definitely be interesting to know the difference, especially since it won't be that long before the majority of vehicles on the road are EVs and the manufacturers always tout the max range which is for temps over 70 degrees I believe.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
There is an old guy near where I live with a new Plaid (beautiful blue color) that has not once been clean since I first saw it a couple of months ago. Funny how some people just do not care. Or maybe he does not realize what he has. It looks amazing. Subtly bulged fenders, wider tires, etc. makes it look fantastic IMHO.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
There is an old guy near where I live with a new Plaid (beautiful blue color) that has not once been clean since I first saw it a couple of months ago. Funny how some people just do not care. Or maybe he does not realize what he has. It looks amazing. Subtly bulged fenders, wider tires, etc. makes it look fantastic IMHO.
They know what they got, if they daily a 150k car and dont give an F about it, chances are they have a vehicle in the garage that is more $.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If you keep your Plaid into early winter this year, I'd be interested in hearing what your battery range in on average in very cold (under 40 degrees) weather. I know that is doubtful, but it would definitely be interesting to know the difference, especially since it won't be that long before the majority of vehicles on the road are EVs and the manufacturers always tout the max range which is for temps over 70 degrees I believe.

Bob, we're talking about the OP here. I'd say there is a 50% chance it's gone by Memorial Day, 75% by the 4th, and 99.99% by Labor Day.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I had the model Y p all winter and it did lose some but not bad...i don't do enough driving for my range to ever really be an issue. I normally have 60-70 percent left after my work day is over.

Users who are viewing this thread