please evaluate this.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
okay, so i stored my gt500 tonight
and ofcourse it got a raping before getting the long term cover till next summer.

i want to mention my driving style, in hopes to get an idea of what upgrades to look for.

-i take off hard and bitch about my shitty tires about every time, unless i blast off in 2nd since thats the only way to keep this thing hooked sometimes

-i change my oil when my "oil life" meter is around 25% left

-I have about 18260 miles on the beast

-I am on my second set of rear summer tires

-my clutch grabs pretty soon after letting go of the clutch, and never felt like it slipped or smelled bad? usually only if i rip on it with SPORT MODE, assuming its the rear brakes or tires

-my shelby is not driven slow, who the hell puts 94 in thier tank around here to drive slow

-i dont power shift, the accelerator is LET GO before next shift in every case... never held that thing down at WOT before shifting... and I may have missed like 3 gears in the life my ownership of this car..

I want to know now?

Clutches? how durable are they...
i am okay with buying tires... but this oil indicator, how accurate is it? do many people check thier oil much?? cuse really... i dont feel the car is feeling funny at all so i dont bother. YES... i am lazy

thank u ahead of time.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
well aside from the fact that there were absolutely no responses....
THANKS ANYWAY.

found out the what caused the doubt i was getting with the feel of this car, turns out the idiots who changed my oil last didnt tighten the oil filter, leaked out a liter of oil... after a little debate on who is going to pay for the bill since it wasnt cosidered warrantied... I WON, with 0 dollars lost and a good as new gt500 again Wooho

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Glad you found your answer.

1. Clutch: Depends if your modded. I am putting in a new clutch now. Just hit 10k, I go to the track, and in truth I think I may have ruined mines doing a second gear burn...(not wise now that I think back on it) but my car is not stock, and I am probably putting North of 650 to wheels. I did not have a issue before, but as I said, I may have done myself in. Meh, getting a RXT in and that should solve that little issue.

I change my oil when due. I go by mileage. Not by the dipstick. I do check the dipstick when I do my checkup on the car, which is twice monthly. (belts hoses, caps)

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
thanks for the reply
i was actually just trying to find some info about clutch and other wear tear items on this sick ass car

i am at about 17500? Miles on the shelby, and the clutch hooks firmly with no noise or wierd catch feel. The new tires i plan to get after burning through the current crappy falkens (big mistake yes) next summer hopefully wont show different.

One other question i did have though, the advancetrac, yes its barely ever fully on when i drive specially when the ground is cold... how does this system actually work??

when it tries to stop wheel spin... does it limit throttle as well as apply the rear brakes? am i even correct in how i think it works?? because.... if it hits the rear brakes without limiting throttle, that wouldn't leave the clutch too happy?? rather drive with no TCS ever then risk the clutch!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^your clutch will hold plenty, i am at 570+ whp and 36k miles and the car holds just fine, you will have no issues for a while, and i reccomend a nice street R compound tire (street/drag radial to help hook up in first)...i am on the stock goodyears and they spin in 4th at 80+ mph and it gets very old.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
spinning the stock goodies at 80+ !! oh wait 570whp
ah that must explain it
honestly, i thought the super car G tires that come stock with the 2011 shelby with svtpp are pretty good tires, minus thier amazing rock collecting capability. I wish Ford did put a wider tire on these beasts but i know they had thier own reasoning behind that

thats great to hear about the clutch, i had a few foxbody moded 5.0s before this car and clutch replacement was top of my list

if anyone has a sick tire wheel combo, with tires that are in the 305+ range :D hit me up (and ofcourse we can do a good trade with my marvelous svtpp wheels + cash heh)

Poppacapp

Established Member
spinning the stock goodies at 80+ !! oh wait 570whp
ah that must explain it
honestly, i thought the super car G tires that come stock with the 2011 shelby with svtpp are pretty good tires, minus thier amazing rock collecting capability. I wish Ford did put a wider tire on these beasts but i know they had thier own reasoning behind that

thats great to hear about the clutch, i had a few foxbody moded 5.0s before this car and clutch replacement was top of my list

if anyone has a sick tire wheel combo, with tires that are in the 305+ range :D hit me up (and ofcourse we can do a good trade with my marvelous svtpp wheels + cash heh)

Mine is stock and they will spin if I powershift into 4th. Probably alot to do with the colder temps though.

Users who are viewing this thread