Pleasure of beating an

Status
Not open for further replies.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
... really really hard to get a gm car into the 12's and if you do get it there it isnt without spending a gosh awful amount of money......

-zach

Just remember you're the one who said that. ;-) :-D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by NotSoTame
ill make this short becouse im not that smart but i do know this after spending more then a few min reading this from start to finish all i really can say, and after reading that much u know i have to say something, is that out of all the guys i know that have ls1s and beleave me i know alot none have hit 12's stock ever and you ask them and theyd have a hard time beleaving it, so maybe he did run a 12.90 and maybe it was a ringer but the truth remains this is one of a very few that can (if it really did) so there is nothing to worry about becouse around here stock ls1's run mid 13's and nothing more, and one last thing and im not sure if anyone brought this up but isnt it funny how it took a ford guy to make the chevy perform, like i always say the worst thing about a chevy by far is its driver, 12.9 z28 - 1ford driver=mid 13 z28

THANK YOU! :coolman:

Like I said mid 13's. Which is nothing to sneeze at, but not their theoretical number either. I'm just glad another realistic Ford owner chimed in. :-D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by GR8WHITE

Just remember you're the one who said that. ;-) :-D
Someday Im going to eat those words!!

Wow today I saw a twin Turbo setup for my car only $6345 would net me 1265 total hp, but that might mean i have to take off the s/c..... anyone wanna see pics of the TT??

Bob Cosby

Established Member
GR8WHITE....we can easily agree to disagree, but the car was an LS1. For credentials, I'll also offer that not only have I driven and raced both Cobra's and LS1's - I've also owned both. A 98 and 99 Cobra, and a 99 T/A.

The T/A was a tank (loaded, 3660 lbs with me), and with a few minor bolt-ons it went 12.9's. It wasn't bone stock, but it did go almost 110 mph (Evan went 107) with minor mods, stock gear, stock tires. And it was most certainly an LS1. :)

Yup - it happened. Nope - it wasn't a 'ringer' or an LS6. No - it is not the 'norm'.

BTW...disbelief is the greatest form of flattery. No offense. :)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Well hooray. ;-)

All I'm going to go back to is the fact that of the 13 LS1's I know personaly, none have attained that number. :-?

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I have not actually seen it either - but I still believe it. Lots of folks don't believe my bolt-on Cobra went 11.85, but it did. Iffin we had to see everything to believe it, we wouldn't have much knowledge. :)

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
with all due respect to Mr Cosby (and ANYONE else who feels obligated to defend the LS1's) ...............
they're still "catfish-face UGLY".....
plain & simple :bored:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
LOL. I never said they were good looking cars (that's quite subjective) or even if I liked them....after all, I traded a 99 T/A for my 99 Cobra. I wasn't meaning to 'defend' anything either. I was simply making points that happen to be about the LS1.

Nothing more, nothing less. :)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Adios...

And good points they were, Bob...keep 'em coming.

Let's have "more" discussion on this topic, "less" on this thread...it has run it's course. Anyone interested can start another one, but this one is done...stick it with a fork :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread