Pleasure of beating an

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
I can't do Sat night because I mnight be in Indy still. How about next weekend?

HEY. TOO BAD YOU CAN'T COME TO INDY AND HANG OUT WITH ALL THE OTHER EXTREMELY COOL SVT PEOPLE WITH RACING AND TOURS OF KENNY BROWN'S. TOO BAD YOU'LL BE STUCK IN LOUISVILLE WATCHING A BUNCH OF GUYS SWEAT WHILE PLAYING WITH A DEFORMED BALL.

j/k! :ud:

actually i'm not going to the game anymore, but i do have to do something from about noon to 2 or 3.

Vito

Broken
Established Member
2 zachs

Damn this is confusing. quick01snake you like anyone that says yes

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Re: 2 zachs

Originally posted by BigVito

forgot to smile :D otherwise tommy gets all pissy :D

Vito

Broken
Established Member
yeah
I dont see any smiles :whine: :whine:
:whine:
:rolling:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: 2 zachs

Originally posted by BigVito

is it my fault if the girl i've liked for forever says yes all the time? J/K. i have to go to family function actually, Jr.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Howdy guys. Can I make a few comments on this old thread?

First....that Z really did go 12.9 and it really was an LS1 and not an LS6. Look at the MPH....107. There are plenty of stock LS1's doing 107. Why don't they run 12.9 then? Simple. Driver and track prep. Evan Smith KNOWS how to get a car down the track. Additionally, he used to work at E-town, and will personally prep the track - or at least insure it is prepped. Ya, it happened. Same thing with the 98 Z several years ago. In fact, I talked to him on the phone not long after that particular event.

Believe it...the 01/02 LS1's are HOT STUFF from the factory.

Second...yes, my car has 4.56's. It's a daily driver....daily enough that I'm driving it from Va Beach out to Indy tomorrow for the NMRA Awards Banquet. :)

Third...even with all the power those LS1's make, I have still run faster than the fastest bolt-on LS1 M6 F-body. Don't have much for the fastest of the A4's with the tiny converters....but right now, I own the manuals. :)

Neat Forum. Glad someone pointed it out to me.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Hey Bob.

Glad to see you made it here. I can't agree with your conclusion though. Evan Smith may be a great driver, but if you compare his times in the 2001 Cobra to almost every other mag that tested them you find the almost identical 13.5's. Compare the Z times and the MM&FF guys are the only ones that get the 12.90's (being sister pub to GM LIE Tech) all others net 13.5's also. I don't take anything away from the LS1. It is a good motor. I've run one or two down the 1/4th and best "as bought" times were 13.50 range. I drove my stock (paper filter and all) 96 Cobra to a 13.86 @ 103.48 so I'm familiar with both worlds. I'll simply say that in the past both camps have sent ringers into battle and this certainly seems like the case we have here.

PS How do you tell the difference from the LS6 and the LS1? [size=small]Remember in 2000 the LS1's started getting the ZO6 intakes.[/size]

PSS How many LT4's were accidentally put into SS's and WS6 T/A's in 95-97?
;-)

NotSoTame

Established Member
ill make this short becouse im not that smart but i do know this after spending more then a few min reading this from start to finish all i really can say, and after reading that much u know i have to say something, is that out of all the guys i know that have ls1s and beleave me i know alot none have hit 12's stock ever and you ask them and theyd have a hard time beleaving it, so maybe he did run a 12.90 and maybe it was a ringer but the truth remains this is one of a very few that can (if it really did) so there is nothing to worry about becouse around here stock ls1's run mid 13's and nothing more, and one last thing and im not sure if anyone brought this up but isnt it funny how it took a ford guy to make the chevy perform, like i always say the worst thing about a chevy by far is its driver, 12.9 z28 - 1ford driver=mid 13 z28

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
PSS How many LT4's were accidentally put into SS's and WS6 T/A's in 95-97?
;-)
110 '97 SSs (100 sold to public)
30 '97 Firehawks (29 sold to public)

DLV

Established Member
IRS

After reading and commenting on this I've come to the conclusion that maybe Mr. Smith hasn't learned how to flog the IRS like he is used to flogging the live axle on the drag queens. This may account for why his time is so close to the pedestrian mag times for the Cobra, and so far ahead for the SS. I mean, it's totally the opposite situation. These ped. mag guys drive IRS Vipers, Porsches, Ferrari's, Astons, Diablo's, etc. etc. and then the Mustang, Camaro, and Firebird come along with their solid rear axles. I guess they test trucks as well, but I'm pretty sure it's a little different. Once he learns how to launch the IRS, I can't see his time for the Cobra being alot differentthan the SS, based on all the other factors, and especially the fact that he's a much better driver than the guys in the regular mags.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Well goiing waaay back to the beginning of this whole fiasco. I said it before and I'll say it again. I've not yet seen one single "stock" LS1 run 12 anything. I have several friends at Z28.com who have LS1's and have been to the track with them. Some are mildly modded, some are not. NONE achived this pinnacle number. I just think it is time we a Ford owners quit doing GM's propaganda for them. Remember the ZO6 was only 2 tenths quicker and only a few mph faster. This is just something that doesn't make sense to me. I mean if the Z/TA weighed the same as the ZO6 it would be faster with supposedly less of a motor? Wrong. I guess more power in a lighter car with better weight distribution means nothing huh? Perhaps the ZO6 should be traveling back in time to 1955 in the 1/4th? Followed by the wonderous Delorean :lol:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
LMAO@ fishy Great post.................. thats why i have a LT-1 :) good motor currently looking a LT-4 powered caprice with a T-56 and guess what still isnt a 12 second car, really really hard to get a gm car into the 12's and if you do get it there it isnt without spending a gosh awful amount of money......

-zach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread