Pleasure of beating an

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Can you say almost 500 RWHP? i bout jizzed my pants. and that hood is awesome. I'm getting the R hood, how bout you?

key

Established Member
I don't know. I'm not sure how much body work I want to do yet. The car kind of has an understated look with the green/tan combo, and I'm not sure I want to change it. I'm pretty positive I want the Saleen side scoops though.

If I do go all-out with the body, it will probably be all Saleen (except for the hood). If I change the hood, it will be R.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
If I change the hood, it will be R.

That's what I'm talkin about! the hood and lowering are about the only things i wanna change about the looks though.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I only have a stock GT but I'll race yaand happily smoke you but other tha that jargon...............................................................................................................................................................FREE POST!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by KINGPIN
Did they fake the 321 RWHP dyno run too? 321 RWHP on a 6speed equates to roughly 369 flywheel horsepower
Oh, so all the LS1 F-bods are coming from the factory with 369 HP, now? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... We go from bragging about how they're so much better because they have 300 RWHP (believable) to how the run-of-the-mill (non-ringer) now have 321? Something doesn't add up (and it's not my "arogance").

The new Z06s are rated at 405 flywheel HP.

Yes, Bob Cosby runs 4.30s because his car is a DAILY DRIVER, which is exactly why he chose Cobra over SS...

P.S. Didn't you sell your SS already, anyway? :D :D :D

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
THREE HUNDRED and SEVENTY-SEVEN!!!!! Even better...:D

yeah, so i guess the new Z06's, if they follow in the SS's footsteps of making near the power at the wheels that they're rated at flywheel, the Z06 should be producing say 400 RWHP, or approximately 470 flywheel horse......time to go viper huntin.
ROFL
LMFAO:D :D :D

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
makes me feel pretty damn good to have outrun a new f-body with my monstrous 225 rwhp. bring on the 360 modena!!!!!

DLV

Established Member
Kingpin himself states that "Also, I will note that one of the last ZO6's I saw dyno came in at just over 330 RWHP" and the SS dynoed at 321. This sounds more to me like it backs up GR8's original thinking that the SS had an LS6. If the Z06 w/ the LS6 only dyno's 9 RWHP over the SS w/ the LS1, why bother making a distinction between the LS1 and the LS6? It is possible that the LS1 was a ringer as well. We're not saying that it will never happen. Just that it won't usually. You can't base your beliefs on one or two articles/examples. Regardless of how legitimate you think they are. The best scientists in the world do not perform one or two experiments and go looking for a Noble prize. The lack of reconstruction capable would destroy their credibility. The fact is, we will race, we will win, and we will lose. Maybe they are putting LS6's in the F's, I don't know. But the cars on the street don't seem to have the same ability as reported in MM&FF. Magazine sales are not solely based on credibility either. This isn't a scientific magazine. Hence the girls in bikini's lying on cars, pretty pictures of paint jobs, etc. Let's call a spade a spade.:rev:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by DLV
This sounds more to me like it backs up GR8's original thinking that the SS had an LS6.

Let's call a spade a spade.:rev:

and a bitch a bitch? j/k.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: WTF?

Originally posted by quick01snake

Doesn't Bob Cosby run 4.56 gears?

I knew i wasn't dreamin this shit!! here's part of a post by Bob Cosby TODAY on the Corral on a question about gear ratio's. tried to call me out, huh?

"We each have our own opinions, but I thought 4.30's were an excellent compromise for a street/track car. I have 4.56's now, and love them, but I did it mainly because I raced my car - a lot."

You wanna start something Zach? J/K

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by blackss
Ok just go to ls1.com and post and see what you get, or when ever you in the area of dc I take you to the track.

Gt and cobra's arent even a fair race:sleeping:

Well I have a better suggestion for you pal. Why don't you troll on back to your little beloved LS1 site? Is it a problem for you that we Ford people have our own site? You don't see many of us Ford guys there since we have better things to do than get involved in a pissing contest on the web. How childish.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by KINGPIN
Don't waste your time blackss. The young lad is just in denial. Some people believe if they haven't seen it, it cannot possibly exist. Anybody have the new issue of MM&FF? Pretty good article in their about the Bullit. In a sidebar they talk about the SS that ran a 12.90 at 107 in poor weather. I will grab it when I go home for lunch then type it in it's entirety.
Jeff

Another poor assumption made by another uninformed ass. I am far from young or uninformed. Funny how you want to bring the MM&FF article out? Why don't you go get the 98 MM&FF where the fabled 12.90's first appeared? Yep that is right MM&FF is sister publication to GMLIE TECH (CSK PUBLISHERS) They went 12.98 in the old 98Z. So why is it the 2001 LS1 with LS6 intakes and a couple of other hp additions isn't any faster? Since your going to magazine race Why is it that your mighty Z06 can't muster more than a paultry 12.70's? Hell! If I paid 40K+ and was barely beating a plain Z I'd sue Chevy for false advertising. I mean a 385 HP motor, in a lighter car, with better weight distribution, better traction, is going to beat a 320 hp car that weighs more, has worse traction, has worse weight distribution. It really comes down to simple physics. How about you go get the newest Car & Driver or Motor Tren and see the 13.5 the SS ran. A far cry from the MAGIC 12.9's.

I along with a few other guys here have friends that have LS1's and LT1's in their cars. I admit to not know all there is to know about GM cars. I do however, have a decent base knowledge of what some minor mods are and how much they help , having helped Mikie2001GT (formerly Mikie97TA) work on his 97 TA. We have both been through the LS1 subject with a few of our friends. Johnathan (98LS1TA) Rich (RocketZ) and a couple more. NONE of them accomplished your fairy tale numbers.

key

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: WTF?

Originally posted by quick01snake
You wanna start something Zach? J/K

Sure! You couldn't handle this 140lb heavyweight. :bash:
Besides, you better be careful using the name "Zach", since there are two of us.

It's not my fault his web page is incorrect! Like before I should've just pleaded the 5th.

Are you SURE you don't want to come to indy this weekend Hamilton? It will be fun! Oh, and my girlfriend's roomate wants to meet you sometime. She loves Cobras....

Zach
(Zach Crew Member #2)

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Myths laid to rest!

Nuff said!

Firehawk.jpg

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
That's right! 13.6 @ 106 for a Firehawk! Pontiac High Performance netted the same results from their project Firehawk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread