Pleasure of beating an

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGPIN

Established Member
That would be a loooooooooooooong drive. What do you drive Cheesehead?
Jeff

KINGPIN

Established Member
Duh, now I see it in your profile 2001 L. Stock, modified we need details.
Jeff

Vito

Broken
Established Member
just a JDM flip chip and boos bypass kit for now. I dont mind driven if it gets me to warmer weather :D

KINGPIN

Established Member
A World Series Championship to celebrate and mid 80's temps. Life is good!!!
:D

Jeff

KINGPIN

Established Member
As promised, the sidebar blurb from the 11/01 MM&FF article on the Bullitt.

Measuring The Competition
by Jim Campisano / Editor

" It pains us to say this, but a faceful of tailights is what you may get if you race a Camaro SS with a stock Bullitt. Or GT. Or Cobra. We flinched a few years back when we tested a stock LS1 Z/28 and it went 12.89 at 108. But we attributed some of that to the cold, mineshaft air on our test day. No way was this SS going to run 12's in the heat.

Oops. It went 12.96 at 107.43 in lousy air with a near-full tank of fuel, not to mention a 13.06 at 108.71 and a 13.08 at 107.67 later in the hottest part of the day. With any kind of air, ths SS might have gone 12.70's or better. On stock radials.

Back at Crazy Horse, it pumped 321 horsepower to the rear wheels on the Dynojet. Are you feeling ill yet? That is 42 more than the last Cobra we tested and 82 more than the Bullitt. But gee Uncle Henry, it only has one camshaft.

Pricing? Base Z/28 coupe: $21,645. SS option: $3950. Destination: $575. Total: $26,170. Our's had a few extras like leather and topped out at 29-large.

Now, don't kill the messenger. We're not advocating selling your Mustang to buy a GM product so please don't cancel your subscriptions. This is just to open your eyes and those of the folks at Ford engine development and Team Mustang. We've been waving the Blue Oval banner for decades, fighting the good fight and spending thousands of our hard-earned dollars every year to whip Bowtie butt. But it's time for Ford to send in the reinforcements. We can't do this on our own, guys. "

*** Disclaimer ***

This portion of the article was referenced in good fun and just because I thought it was interesting reading.

Jeff

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
and once again i say to you

WHEN I SEE IT I WILL BELIEVE IT

DLV

Established Member
General specs

The following were all tested w/ m6.

Motortrend Sept '98 Corvette Hardtop W:3153 lbs. H:345@5600 T: 350@4400 Qm: [email protected]

Motortrend Nov 2000 Corvette Z06 W:3115 lbs.
H:385@6000 T: 385@4800 Qm:[email protected]

Car and Driver Feb. 2001 Corvette Z06 W:3126 lbs.
H:385@6000 T: 385@4800 Qm:13.0@112

Motortrend Nov 2000 T/A Firehawk W:3487 lbs.
H:335@5??? T: 345@4??? Qm:[email protected]

Motortrend Dec '99 T/A WS6 W:3397 lbs.
H:320@5200 T: 345@4400 Qm:[email protected]

Motortrend Dec '99 Camaro SS W:3439 lbs.
H:320@5200 T: 345@4400 Qm:[email protected]

I guess these car mag guys don't know how to drive, they can barely get a Vette to pull the same times MM&FF did on a 'stock' SS.:rev:

KINGPIN

Established Member
Oh ye of little faith. Motor Trend and Car & Driver cannot be compared with Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. They admittedly don't flog their test cars. To wring out every drop of performance you must beat on the car. MM&FF drives their test cars like we would. Also, the pilot for MM&FF for these tests is none other than Evan Smith. He has the Midas touch. He is a professional. As far as the " I'll believe it when I see it " remark, that's fine. When someone posted Bob Cosby's 11.xx et on LS1.com he got congratulated. I didn't see it but I have no reason to doubt him.
Jeff

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
WTF?

This post is STILL going...:xpl:

Well, as long as I'm here...:rolling:

blackSS, just because you haven't run into a good one with a good driver, I'd like to see your BONE STOCK timeslip of 13.34 @ 103.33 (which was recorded by SCOA member, John, with paper filter, Bridgestone RE-730 radials and 3.27s in a stock '99 Cobra). Best I have EVER seen, from a BONE STOCK F-bod, was 13.55 @ 103.XX from a '00 Z28 A4 w/3.23s. I haven't seen many STOCK M6 times, but they usually have a slightly higher trap speed but a slightly greater ET.

As Kingpin noted, Bob Cosby runs elevens in a '99 Cobra with stock intake, pullies, exhaust and 4.30s. The key was LOTS of witnesses. But I digress. Could Evan Smith run 12.9s in a "ringer"...yes. Could you or I in the same car...probably not. The problem is that there are dozens of enthusiasts reading this post, and NONE of us have seen it, in person...

Vito

Broken
Established Member
MM&FF strip everything off there cars when the race them, not saying that will put in the 12s but that might be what gets them better number then the other mags. that and they know how to drive :D

KINGPIN

Established Member
The conspiracy theories continue. You guys are a riot. So much entertainment for one topic. " Ringer ". That's a good one. I guess their 98 Z/28 that went 12.89 was a " Ringer " too eh. All these mag guys have is credibility to work with. If their stories and times aren't believable they won't sell any magazines. It's as simple as that. Are you saying Evan Smith and all of these other car guys affiliated with MM&FF are too stupid to figure out that they have a " Ringer "? That's a pretty arogant attitude. Did they fake the 321 RWHP dyno run too? Why? What do they have too gain from deceiving FORD owners? That's right the title of on the magazine is MUSCLE MUSTANGS AND FAST FORDS. Note the FORD in that title. 321 RWHP on a 6speed equates to roughly 369 flywheel horsepower. Surely you must admit that is more than enough to get into the 12's. Also, I will note that one of the last ZO6's I saw dyno came in at just over 330 RWHP. I'm not asking you guys to buy an F-Bod. Just admit that there's a realm of possibility that because you haven't seen one go 12's it still happens.
Jeff

LogiWorld123

Established Member
And your idiocy continues.

<sigh> You can't seem to live without getting the last word, so why don't you have it. After this post, I am going to stop posting on this ridiculous post.

Yep. No longer in production. One of the most uncomfortable cars in the world. Flying doorstops come to mind. Has a nice motor, but its not magical. Gee, any car come to mind? Hmm sounds like an F-Body, aka Failed body.

And about your 12 second ls1s: go run against a stock viper. Yep, vipers run 12.4-12.9 in the 1/4 with a normal driver (popular mechanics got it at 11.97 in 97) Won't you look like an idiot saying your flying wedge beat the viper. haha

Anyways, I am done with your sorry self. I cannot even fathom your next post. I know for sure I won't be posting on it again.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra

As Kingpin noted, Bob Cosby runs elevens in a '99 Cobra with stock intake, pullies, exhaust and 4.30s.

Doesn't Bob Cosby run 4.56 gears?
anyways, i agree with Scoriox. leave it to the bowtie guys to bench race all day long. I'll run ya on the street in your GM, 9 times out of ten i'll win with less power cause most of the slowmaro and vette guys don't know how to drive their cars.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
His page says 4.30s.. Here's a link to his combo page:

http://www.corral.net/projects/blkcld/

huh......i coulda swore i read somewhere that he was running 4.56's. did you see that white 97 cobra at the track with the twin turbo TDC hood? it wuz bad!! he had just got his 4.56's put in but didn't really like them, asked if i wanted them. he said he was goin back to 4.10's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread