Pleasure of beating an

Status
Not open for further replies.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Hey I'm just trying to voice my views backed by facts I know to be true. I'm not trying to tick the guy off, :idea: but afterall this is SVTPerformance.com and any GM driver should expect a certain amount of "True Blueness" to greet him.

KINGPIN

Established Member
You guys crack me up. It's all in good fun. I don't take offense when talking about cars. I'm just not a brand loyal person. I buy what works for me. I almost bought a Cobra / GT before I picked up my SS about 14 months ago. My wife works for Ford so it would have been a slam dunk deal with A plan. A friend of mine bought a 99 SS earlier in that year. I drove his car over to the Ford dealership to test drive the Cobra / GT. After the test drives I came to the conclusion that the SS felt significantly faster and better planted than the mustangs. I couldn't get used to the light clutchs. The pedal came almost all the way up before it grabbed. By the way, I had a supercharged 96 GT about 4-5 years ago so this was not my first mustang experience. The mustangs were nice cars but the SS did it for me. I personally think that the new GT's have made a huge jump in performance from the 94-98's. And you are right, stock vs. stock your car is more of a stoplight racer. Again, I'm not putting down the GT or saying it's slow. As far as SLP goes I'm not going to argue with you on that. Visit their website. Ed Hamburger founded the company and still runs it with his son David. I really don't make it to the track that often. But when I have gone the conditions really didn't seem ideal. Most LS1's were in the mid to low 13's with most stock or lightly modded newer mustangs in the mid to low 14's. I can't remember my 1/8th mile info. I have the timeslips at home. Bottom line is we all have pretty fast cars. Mine will be sold soon so I can concentrate on the Lightning. Just had to stick my nose in here and stir it up with you guys. As I said before, good kill.
Jeff

KINGPIN

Established Member
I forgot to mention, I have photos of John Lingenfelter on the grassy knoll installing an LS6 in the SS that GM High Tech Performance ran a 12.90 with. :D

david

bul-chit

With my 2001 stock ss went 13.59 @ 107 with a 2.2 60ft

Last weekend i dropped to 12.6 @ 111.2 with a 1.96 60ft lighty modded.

Man you will learn when you catch up with one on the street or track that can drive it.

I have track slips if you would like to see them
:bash: :read:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
no offense blackss, but it sounds like on your 13.59 run you were off the ball.
and on your 12.6 run, you added roughly 40 horse, or a little less and maybe dropped some weight, then you learned how to drive. i'm not surprised that you ran a 12.6, considering your trap speed is 111 MPH. JMHO though.

david

Off the ball? what do u mean,

and yeah I added probally 40 to 50 more horses, no power adders yet, stock trim thou!

If i can get a good launch and get it to hook , i think its capable of much lower times.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i mean off the ball as in you only ran a 13.59 @ 107, shoulda been somewhere around 13 flat or a little above.
at 111, you should be running 12.5 or so. 1.7 60' is pretty good, especially good if you did it on street tires.

david

Never got a 1.7, wish I could , best is 1.96 , If i did hit 1.7 i would think i would be around 12.2

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Yeah and those ratty LS6 powered Z06 vettes can't manage the remarkable feat of your doomed F bods? Spare me. I've been to the track quite a few times in my life. And as yet have not seen the magic numbers I keep seeing on these bulletin boards. As far as timeslips go! LOL I could scan one from a completely different car and claim it was mine.

PS read the post again. The guy I beat was at the track. He never even bothered to use the clutch. Guy was driving it hard, reguardless of what you might think. I will once again say the car was a convertible though. Then again it shouldn't matter with you guys running 12.90's stock and me only eeking out 14.5's huh?

I love it when you bust one of the "untouchable" LS1's and all the entire crew comes running to bragg about how fast they go. That's all fine and well, but here in lovely NC I have yet to see ANY of you boys manage your supposed levels. :bash: :cryying: :dw: :xpl:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Yeah and those ratty LS6 powered Z06 vettes can't manage the remarkable feat of your doomed F bods? Spare me. I've been to the track quite a few times in my life. And as yet have not seen the magic numbers I keep seeing on these bulletin boards. As far as timeslips go! LOL I could scan one from a completely different car and claim it was mine.

PS read the post again. The guy I beat was at the track. He never even bothered to use the clutch. Guy was driving it hard, reguardless of what you might think. I will once again say the car was a convertible though. Then again it shouldn't matter with you guys running 12.90's stock and me only eeking out 14.5's huh?

I love it when you bust one of the "untouchable" LS1's and all the entire crew comes running to bragg about how fast they go. That's all fine and well, but here in lovely NC I have yet to see ANY of you boys manage your supposed levels. :bash: :cryying: :dw: :xpl:

Fishy, but really what was your opinion :D :D :D

david

Ok just go to ls1.com and post and see what you get, or when ever you in the area of dc I take you to the track.

Gt and cobra's arent even a fair race:sleeping:

KINGPIN

Established Member
Don't waste your time blackss. The young lad is just in denial. Some people believe if they haven't seen it, it cannot possibly exist. Anybody have the new issue of MM&FF? Pretty good article in their about the Bullit. In a sidebar they talk about the SS that ran a 12.90 at 107 in poor weather. I will grab it when I go home for lunch then type it in it's entirety.
Jeff

LogiWorld123

Established Member
man i swear, i get sick of this ls1 and f-body vs ford shit.

ESPECIALLY how it runs 12's in high temps, and "bad weather"

Until I see one, you guys have no standing with me.

Ive seen mid 13's stock, yes, but never 12s?

so until I see one (Seeing is believig) ill will withdraw my stance.

'nuff said, you SS guys, bring it! Ive got my contour! less go!
(P.S. i get a 2 second head start)

:D

LogiWorld123

Established Member
btw:
did you ever think MMFF would just say they ran a 12 with it, to watch you ls1 guys go in a frenzy? :-D I know I would if i had a ford magazine.

lol

KINGPIN

Established Member
< In my most strained voice >

Must.......help..............Mustang.......guys............grasp..........at.............straws.

I think instead of the SVT cruise we should do a tour of the best dragstrips in the U.S.A. Run what you brung I guess. I just like BSing with some of you defensive Ford guys. Cheap entertainment. :D
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread