Police Shoot Baby Deer in Oakland For No Reason

sdg97232

Established Member
im NO animal rights activist and CANT stand the nut jobs at p.e.d.a, however this video makes me sick to my stomach! there has to be more (i hope) to the story then some cop just blasting away on a deer for no reason. i hope he has a good explanation for his actions because if he dont he should be thrown off the force imo.

and before i get flamed on, its NOT because he shoot a deer (if without good cause) that shows a severe lack of judgement on his part, not only that, his marksmenship leaves alot to be desired as well.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like always, we only get the footage/story that is the interesting part but no actual details of what happened up to the point of the video on YouTube. I'll save my opinions until there are more facts/information about the incident. I can go shoot a video of an innocent act and only show a certain part of it that is perceived as something different.

So very true!

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Why not just tranquilize it. And re-locate it? Seems a bit unprofessional to me. Also Aren't there some sort of laws out there about shooting baby deer? I'm sure if anyone else would do this. They'd be slapped with all sort of fines. Tired of seeing these cops act like they are above the law and can do what they want when they want.

I'm not a cop hater by any means. And I know there are always bad apples. Just seems like you start seeing these things more and more.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
We don't have the details on this one so let's not assume the cops were out having "fun" and pound on them for shooting it. It is very possible the deer had been hit by a car, or was damaging property and couldn't be trapped. Who knows? I would doubt these cops went out of their way to jump kill a harmless young deer. I'll bet they were called out to the property by the property owner. But again, we're just guessing since we don't have any facts other than us seeing them shoot the deer.

Two years ago I had our two granddaughters in my car when we came upon a pregnant female deer lying by the curb in a residential neighborhood. It had been hit by a car and the car apparently left the scene and let it just lie there. I called the police and waited near the deer until they arrived, to insure another car didn't run over it. The cop arrived shortly thereafter, called his sergeant, and asked what he should do since the deer couldn't walk. The deer actually "looked" fine. Looked like it was just resting quietly, only moving it's head a bit. It must have had it's back broken. In the meantime some lady stopped and wanted him to shoot it immediately so she could take the carcass home. He told her to get the heck out of there, or something like that. His sergeant told him to shoot the deer. I heard him say, "Sarge, I can't. It would be like shooting Bambi." So the sergeant sent another cop out but before the deer was shot (couldn't do anything else unfortunately), I asked him to wait so that I could drive our granddaughters away. Didn't want them to see it. I felt more sad that the unborn deer had to die as well. But these things unfortunately happen as deer start to populate near residential areas.

Gotcha covered-

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZTNRdWR-0&feature=related"]YouTube- WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO :OAKLAND POLICE MURDER DEER ON VIDEO and (GET MILITANT COMMERCIAL)[/nomedia]

Between the original vid and the newscast I can say these Cops screwed up plain and simple. Threat to public safety? Seriously? If it was a large adult Mule deer in rut that you find out in Wyoming, Colorado etc they would have a case. But a juvenile like this one? No way does that excuse pass the smell test- AND animal control was on the way to tranquilize it so they could move it out of the city? Basically it looks like one of the 'good ole boyz" wanted to see how his new Glock .40 cal would do on a live target- what a tool.:bash:

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
Living in the East Bay, I saw this on the news. Apparently, the animal control people that were sent to handle the situation were not given training in handling tranquilizers and the use of them. They said that the harnesses that they had were capable of breaking and also causing harm to the handlers if the deer was to freak out and try to escape. I am not saying the police were right or wrong, I'm just inputting some more facts.

Black Sex

Established Member
You have to carry a certain amount of insurance on one and have a muzzle on it when you're out in public with it.

The ones here have to be licensed, insured, and muzzled. I think the ones that are here are ok and just have to be registered, but I think they arent letting anymore in the city limits. I might be wrong but I thought thats what they said

glllc

Established Member
I hope these cops get the same treatment from some scum bag drug dealer and their wife and family get to watch a similar video.

Donnie

Established Member
Jesus, what happened to America? Ive never seen the like of such pussified women. Seriously, you men are troubled by this?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Jesus, what happened to America? Ive never seen the like of such pussified women. Seriously, you men are troubled by this?

trollsprays.jpg

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

So wait..... let me get this straight. According to YOU it takes a MAN to go out and kill animals for no reason that pose no threat to you or anything else? And it takes a MAN to watch something like this and get their rocks off like you..... sorry "bro", I'm not buying it. There is nothing in this video that's "manly." If you think otherwise you might want to re-evaluate some things in your life.:bored:

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
So wait..... let me get this straight. According to YOU it takes a MAN to go out and kill animals for no reason that pose no threat to you or anything else? And it takes a MAN to watch something like this and get their rocks off like you..... sorry "bro", I'm not buying it. There is nothing in this video that's "manly." If you think otherwise you might want to re-evaluate some things in your life.:bored:

yep... but the general consensus is that "real men hunt or kill" ... so i guess im just not a real man then :/

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
yep... but the general consensus is that "real men hunt or kill" ... so i guess im just not a real man then :/

If you "harvest" your food - ie, hunt, kill, then eat what you kill I'm all about it. Been there done that- prolly do it again. But if you're one of those retards that goes out to kill something just to kill it that's NOT what being a MAN is all about. And that's exactly what we saw in the video. Like I said- if that is what you are about you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Any idiot can pull a trigger (like who we saw in the video) it takes a MAN to figure out the right time and place. Again- if this is complicated for you some self evaluation is in order..... and if YOU equate these cops to hunters you are even dumber than you already sound.

Last edited:

Donnie

Established Member

Apparently jarhead you didnt read what I wrote or have the ability to comprehend it. Killing a small deer (or any animal) has nothing to do with my point. Its acting like a damn school girl, crying over the video that gets me.

Is this you?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzqlohvOifg"]YouTube- Girl hits bird with car and freaks out[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread