Polished KB 2.2 still in box from KB

shauncurt

Established Member
2.2 Kenne Bell, inlet, TB, with a complete rebuild and polish from the factory. I bought this blower for 1800 and sent it to KB for a complete overhaul as a precaution before installation. The rebuild and polish was 1700. Looking to break even if someone wants it. I sold my car and it's just sitting around. I only opened the box for these pics. Blower has not been removed from the KB packing yet.
$3500 for the box. Thank you
20200816_153522.jpg

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Pulling at the ol' heart strings here!

Some lucky guy will be getting exactly, what they are looking for! Ready to run KB 2.2! GLWS!

02gt87

Established Member
Certain this is a 2.2? not calling bs or anything but the snout in the picture resembles that of a 2.4, 2.6 or 2.8.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Blakshukvw

Established Member
So what’s the deal with these 2.2’s? Did they simply stop making them cuz they started making bigger displacement blowers that made more power? What’s the max boost or hp from a 2.2?

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
They made more efficient blowers. The 2.2 was one of the first for our cars. Don't really wanna go past 22lbs of boost, about 600-640 on 93 octane.

Hef

Established Member
Most I've seen make mid 600's, back then that was stout, things just keep advancing. Those blowers are SCREAMERS, i think that's why they're still sought after today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Yeah, when we talk hp, we don't talk crank. That' rwhp. And Hef is right, they are Screamers, which is why so many people won't give them up, myself included.

Blakshukvw

Established Member
Yeah I’ve heard them. That’s one reason I’m interested in one. Look I’m not trying to break any records. My car is heavy I know that, I just feel like 600 whp is a good round number for a heavily driven streetcar that won’t sacrifice reliability and durability. Would you all agree?

Do the 2.6 and 2.8 not whine like the 2.2? Have they eliminated that characteristic from their new lines?

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Yeah I’ve heard them. That’s one reason I’m interested in one. Look I’m not trying to break any records. My car is heavy I know that, I just feel like 600 whp is a good round number for a heavily driven streetcar that won’t sacrifice reliability and durability. Would you all agree?

I fight that question every time I drive the car. Perfect amount until a big heavy Mopar or fancy BMW pulls you...then you question it ;)

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
R
Well I’m driving a big heavy marauder so... There’s always gonna be someone faster though right?

ROFL, you can have the lightest, 1100hp car around and there's always someone faster, just depends on where you wanna draw the line. Just buy this one and be happy, you can always resell it. This is a fresh rebuild and pretty.

Blakshukvw

Established Member
Right. That’s my point. It was more rhetorical. 600 is double what my car came with.
This is a beautiful jewel. I’ll be thinking about it as I haven’t confirmed exactly what blower I want to run. Thank you for answering my questions both of you guys.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Most I've seen make mid 600's, back then that was stout, things just keep advancing. Those blowers are SCREAMERS, i think that's why they're still sought after today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah, when we talk hp, we don't talk crank. That' rwhp. And Hef is right, they are Screamers, which is why so many people won't give them up, myself included.
Yup, a TVS 2.3 or Whipple 2.3 will make the same power at cooler IATs, with less boost, less heak soak and less risk of detonation...

But they won't split ear drums from miles a way either...

Users who are viewing this thread