Polished KB 2.2 still in box from KB

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
michaels004-1-jpg.826853

Length of the snout on a 2.2. This is a gen 2, I believe.

Gen 1 has the oil tank, correct?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
So what’s the deal with these 2.2’s? Did they simply stop making them cuz they started making bigger displacement blowers that made more power? What’s the max boost or hp from a 2.2?

The 2.2 and 2.4's were the last of the autorotor designs, the 2.1, 2.6 and 2.8's are kenne bell's entirely.

stangfreak

Established Member
The 2.2 kb is just nostalgic. If anyone is happy with 590-600rwhp then this blower is ideal. Yes they stopped making the 2.2 bc they have more efficient blowers. That is why some of them don't scream that loud. They are more efficient. But if you want nostalgia, that scream, a peppy car, Id jump all over this. makes me want to stop chasing hp numbers and gett this blower. Just to go back in time.

I was standing behind my buddy, the camera guy, who filmed the snakebite video that was just posted. That video went viral. You can even see my silver cobra in the parking lot with the black cobra letters when joe pulls in the lot. Funny thing is, they didn't mean for it go viral. They just wanted to film the car doing a fly by. That cobra had the gen 1 kenne bell 2.2 with the oil catch can. The 2.2 kb is just a classic blower.

Users who are viewing this thread