pondering the 5 lug conversion, and selling what i have???

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
I really don't understand why it would be out of alignment any more than it was before i put the 5 lug conversion on.... this pulling i'm feeling is not like it pulls hard one way like i let go of the steeringwheel and drift.. it's a i slightly turn and the wheel wants to rocket one way.. and if i turn it slightly to the other side, the wheels want to cut sharp the other way... it feels like all the stiffness comes out of the steering wheel, and it just feels limp and spins out of control one way or the other depinging on what way i turn.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
:shrug: Sounds to me like your toe is out due to the difference in spindle geometry. Mine had massive toe in due to the difference. Did you keep the original tie rods and not adjust them? :shrug:

Last edited:

fivestangs

Established Member
Get an alignment first...you're not experiencing bumpsteer.....in very simplified terms...bumpsteer is when the car jerks to the left or right after hitting a bump (and thus, compressing the front suspension) and due to the car being lowered, the geometry is off causing the car to steer itself.

Blachatch

Established Member
On my 91 I have the wilwood 5 lug brake kit.. everything for the front is like 600$ then i just have the 5 lug drums in the rear...its kind of a cheaper way to do things

Users who are viewing this thread