pondering the 5 lug conversion, and selling what i have???

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
well i've got everything, and i started my swap. now i got an issue. i didn't get any of those spacers for the fox axles.. and the sn95 rotor is too big. I guess i need to get one of those? other than that my north racecar brackets needed some work because they didn't line up with the drilled holes for some reason. not sure if they were drilled wrong or what, but i had to grind them a bit to get the angle i needed to have them line up right. nothing serious but for 160 bucks i'd expect more.. so that's where i'm at. i spent like 4 hours and didn't even get the rears done. I'm not happy.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
If you keep the stock axles and get SN95 rims you can buy a little ring that goes around the HUB of the axle. It allows you to use SN95 rims without buying new axles.

Obviously late, but now i understand what you are talking about lol.... I hate it when this happens.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
Well I hope I didn't jump the gun here, but I found these spacers, which from what i understand are exactly what i need. they cost $30.00 shipped from diskbrakesrus.com for anybody else who needs to do this. Here's the pic off their website. Now i'm going back to sleep and i'm gonna start on the front of the car when i get back up.

axlespacers.jpg

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
update.. I got the rears all done just waiting on those hubcentric rings.... Now just another point i'd like to add about those north racecar brackets. they came with a spacer, yet it wasn't big enough? what gives. did i order the wrong ones or what. I had to stack 2 washers to center my rotor. I'm still pretty salty about that. Now i started on the fronts. Initially i assumed this would be gravy, well at first it was. I'm still confused why i needed new brake hoses? The ones on my car seem to work just fine? What gives? I can only assume they will leak or what? So i wasted a lot of time with that trying to figure out why it works but isn't supposed to. Then i got one side done, and the other side the spindle would not come off, nor the tie rod end. well lets just say daddy got a little too wicked with the hammer, and i mushroomed the end... but no not only mushroomed the end, actually squished some theads together. I eventually got the ball joint right again, but the tie rod end, well i should be able to put a nut on it, but before i realized it was messed up i ruined my castle nut. so now i need another one of those. I did manage to get my 03 wheels mounted on my tires, and am very happy with how they look. Hopefully after i get done with all this, i wont run into any clearance issues, or other petty bs. sorry if i sound bitchy, but i am.

Last edited:

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
Hey MillCreek,
Be sure to let us know how those spacer rings work out for you....I'm going to do my 5-lug early next year and was going to be looking for something like that.

Thanks
Mark

Not a problem... the swap really isn't hard to do, it's just the fact that i've never done it before, didn't realize that i was going to have to modify everything i touched, and run into so many issues.. :( I took some pictures, but only a few because i was so dirty the entire time.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
LOL...sounds like you are having fun. It stinks when the components will not come apart like they should!

The rings look correct!

As for the NRC brackets...did you go with newer Cobra rear rotors/calipers? Or GT? I used Cobra rears and did not have any extra spacers or any issues. :shrug:

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
I went with the rotors off a v6 car. same as a gt as far as i understand. they acutally looked worse than the rotors i had on my cobra to start. maybe someday i'll actually spend some money on a nice brake setup.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
The hubcentric rings should arrive today i assume, so i'll be good to go on the rears... another question i have. Do i need to reuse those brackets that were on the rear that go to the north race brackets?? i wasn't sure if they were needed or not. Thanks.

Adower

Established Member
Well I hope I didn't jump the gun here, but I found these spacers, which from what i understand are exactly what i need. they cost $30.00 shipped from diskbrakesrus.com for anybody else who needs to do this. Here's the pic off their website. Now i'm going back to sleep and i'm gonna start on the front of the car when i get back up.

axlespacers.jpg

Those are the spacers I was telling you about previously:??:

Adower

Established Member
Hey MillCreek,
Be sure to let us know how those spacer rings work out for you....I'm going to do my 5-lug early next year and was going to be looking for something like that.

Thanks
Mark

I use those spacer right now. They work awesome. You may need to use sand them down a little bit to get them over the axle hub. I know I had to, it took about 5 mins to do that.

Adower

Established Member
With the north race car brackets. You need to have the newer cobra calipers for them to work without modification. I wanted to use my stock 93 calipers.

Therefore, I had to cut my north race car brackets in half, then weld them back together on the axle housing. Making sure the caliper and all that would still bolt up. I can try and get pics for you of how I did it if you like.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
sure man feel free to post that up, it's good info that could help people out. and i know that's what you were talking about, but i really didn't understand what you were talking about initially. i was confused apparently.

fivestangs

Established Member
With the north race car brackets. You need to have the newer cobra calipers for them to work without modification. I wanted to use my stock 93 calipers.

Therefore, I had to cut my north race car brackets in half, then weld them back together on the axle housing. Making sure the caliper and all that would still bolt up. I can try and get pics for you of how I did it if you like.

:??: :??: I have north race car brackets with my stock cobra calipers and they worked fine (i.e., without modification)

BTW, I use them to get the rear pulled into the stock fox rear track so I can run the 4-lug replica wheels (which I'm going to switch over to the 5-lug set that I bought early next year).

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
well i'm still waiting on these hub rings from diskbrakesrus.com apparently they are lost in the mail. that's all i can figure out. so now i'm gonna have to deal with these guys to get another set shipped. i'm sure this will be fun :(. I did manage to get my fronts complete. i just need to bleed the brakes all the way around if i can find somebody to help me out, and put those hubcentric rings on and i should be good to roll!

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
figures as soon as i post they show up. Must be the holiday mail because they are post marked they day after order.... oh well what can ya do.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
Well i've installed the spacer rings, they appear to work great. Now I've got the car all finished, but i had some more issues. On the front passanger side i didn't use the 94/95 brake line because the sizes were different between the 2 lines, so i used my factory one since it worked. Now i tried to do that on my drivers side, but there was no way. For some reason though on my drivers side the fittings were the same, and i used the 94/95 line.... Now i bled the brakes and put all the wheels on, but I'm guessing i need a bump steer kit. when i turn the wheel to the left, or the right. it rips the car tries to pull me all the way to full turn in either direction. I obviously need an alignment too because the wheels are a little off. here's a quick pictures i took. sorry it sucks. Does anyone know if a bumpsteer kit is what i'm in need of?

31688320021_large.jpg

I was bored playing with my HDR demo software. I just like playing with the settings lol.
31688320022_large.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread