Pontiac Fire Sale

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
I called 3 dealerships asking what this exactly was. None of them knew anything about it. I'm trying to find something to print out from the Pontiac site....

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Trouble with this sale is that, if the dealer accepts the fire sale offer, they have to sell the car as used which means 1) can't find it through Pontiac's site (PITA if you're trying to do blanket searches) and 2) no way to get 0%. I found one still marked new that was listed at 25k, still searching....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My brother just got a G8 GT with 1,500 cash back, and 0% for 72 months. What we didn't realize until he bought it is that the engines are an LS2 short block, LS3 style heads, but with DOD system, and L76 upper intake (really good intake). I had thought that it was just the truck 6.0 engine with iron block. Modding on it to begin very soon. He was looking for a GXP, but they are few and far between right now.

-Jeff

Sap

Established Member
Wonder if I can find a GTO somewhere at deep discount, would make a great track car...

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Trouble with this sale is that, if the dealer accepts the fire sale offer, they have to sell the car as used which means 1) can't find it through Pontiac's site (PITA if you're trying to do blanket searches) and 2) no way to get 0%. I found one still marked new that was listed at 25k, still searching....

If I going to buy a G8 it would become a garage queen.
Really not a good looking car and it's origins are from down under.
Let it go, GM blew itself up.
Jeff

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
good luck to anybody that buys any pontiac at this point. youll be in it for life (or at least till its paid off), so remember that when you are signing the loan paperwork. itll be worth 75% less the second you drive it off the lot, so unless you put down 75%.........

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
My brother just got a G8 GT with 1,500 cash back, and 0% for 72 months. What we didn't realize until he bought it is that the engines are an LS2 short block, LS3 style heads, but with DOD system, and L76 upper intake (really good intake). I had thought that it was just the truck 6.0 engine with iron block. Modding on it to begin very soon. He was looking for a GXP, but they are few and far between right now.

-Jeff

Yea the G8GTs are no joke. Our shop has one going 12.13 BOLT ONS! Can you imagine a 4 door sedan going 12.13 with just bolt ons? It's a 4 door automatic.

The cam only car has gone 11.79 as well, which is just ridiculous for such a big car.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Wonder if I can find a GTO somewhere at deep discount, would make a great track car...

You can pick up a used one for around 15k or less if you don't care about miles or color.

If I going to buy a G8 it would become a garage queen.
Really not a good looking car and it's origins are from down under.
Let it go, GM blew itself up.
Jeff

For a 4-door family sedan, I think it looks pretty good. You have to realize it's competitors are things like a Honda Accord and a Toyota Camry. And being from down under makes it a better car, no UAW down there :lol:

If I got a G8, it would become a daily beater - a comfortable, fun, practical beater.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
****! This couldnt have been at any worse of a time! I just bought a Trailblazer as a DD! :eek:

If I would have known this, I sure as hell would have gone after a G8 GT!

-Jeff

Theyre amazing cars. I drove a 08 G8 GT with a cam/full exhaust, and it was amazing. One of the funnest cars I've ever been in, and it still has DOD too!! :rockon:

CLN 6R

Established Member

-Jeff
He bought a car without doing enough research on it to know about the engine? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread