Popped a coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I know you said 10psi was being run, but which exact pulley?

I wouldn't get too caught up with a motor blowing at 10# of boost... There are so many things in a tune or unplanned events that can blow up motors other than #'s of boost. There are lots of guys running 10#'s day in and day out. 7 #'s of boost with lots of timing and bad gas can easily do the same thing. Or have an injector partially plug...

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Right, just curious as to which exact pulley bc psi can vary as you stated.

90trickflowgt

Established Member
75mm pulley.

So we got a little bit of the motor taken down. Heat exchanger off, cam covers off and this is what we found. I think it's much worse than what we thought.

Chunks of metal on the heat exchanger.

20130429_182707_zpsa3c5bac3.jpg

The rotors in the blower

IMG_4043_zps9f311ba5.jpg

And hopefully this one works for the hole in the block.

IMG_6426_zpsb6ee0d75.png

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Damn what the hell. How could metal get all the way up there to damage the rotors of the tvs? Could it had been a blower failure?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I dont think so. The part of the blower rotors that are visible are in tact. The blower still turns by hand.

could the heat exchanger burst and caused a hydraulic lock up throwing the rod thru the block? i just dont see how you could have metal up there.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Figure anything out yet? How the hell did the metal get up there? I'm wondering if manolith is on to somthing here...

CPRsm

Looks like a piston may have been lost. Or pulled far enough down the hole to expose the crankcase to the heads

BMR Tech

Wow, so there was metal on top of the intercooler? I am not so sure I can wrap my mind around how that happens.

So, the car was on 10 psi and 13 psi, and was running a 75mm pulley. I assume the 75mm pulley was the 13 and the 82mm pulley is the 10psi?

Is it possible that the car was being run on the 10psi tune, with 13 psi or the other way around?

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm metal on the top side of the intercooler. Is it possible u left something inside the intake tube? Where u running an air filter? Did u check the Throttle body maybe it came apart and the blower chewed it up. Also check the intercooler if u have a hole in it u could have sucked water and hydrolocked the motor.
Its actually nothing new with intercoolers and lightenings they leaked.
If not the blower is bad but the blower just being bad won't cause the motor to blow up unless it got past the intercooler and if so water did to.
It could be u have two diff problems going on at the same time but that would be rare.
U have some crazy shit going on there.
U need to check the intercooler!!!

Last edited:

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
When it broke piston, entire crankcase pressurized. All that debris gets pushed through breathers back in front of supercharger and sucked through rotors.

90trickflowgt

Established Member
Hmm metal on the top side of the intercooler. Is it possible u left something inside the intake tube? Where u running an air filter? Did u check the Throttle body maybe it came apart and the blower chewed it up. Also check the intercooler if u have a hole in it u could have sucked water and hydrolocked the motor.
Its actually nothing new with intercoolers and lightenings they leaked.
If not the blower is bad but the blower just being bad won't cause the motor to blow up unless it got past the intercooler and if so water did to.
It could be u have two diff problems going on at the same time but that would be rare.
U have some crazy shit going on there.
U need to check the intercooler!!!

Car never missed a beat previously. I dont believe there were any problems that added to the destruction aside from the motor not able to handle the power.

grnenvy

Established Member
yo

SC2011gt could be right and if so u need to go through all the hoses and lines. Kinda sucks this is going to cost $$$$.
Good luck keep us posted on any new findings.

Car never missed a beat previously. I dont believe there were any problems that added to the destruction aside from the motor not able to handle the power.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
man that sucks. i guess that its a good idea to vent the pcv if you are running a pd blower just in case.

90trickflowgt

Established Member
So here is what we found when pulling the front cover and the drivers side head this evening.

Looks like the piston found its way to the oil pan.

20130430_213234_zps52411fef.jpg

No piston

20130430_223658_zps8ca17574.jpg

Whats left of the connecting rod.

20130430_223624_zpsc27b9901.jpg

The drivers side head has minor valve damage. Forgot to snap a picture of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread