Porsche RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" laps the ring

Coiled03

Established Member

Keep in mind, this car has no electric nannys keeping it in line, and for whatever reason, it appears the driver is wearing no safety equipment.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Wow. Dudes got serious skills!!
Sawing the hell out of that wheel and rowing them long throw gears for all its worth
... And this was 30 years ago and he was drifting!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
tenor.gif

6.0GTO

Established Member
Maybe not everyone knows. In Germany Ruf is actually considered a manufacture. That is not a Porsche 911. It is a Ruf CTR(I think that was the full name). Their current lineup even today are considered to be a Ruf.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
30 years ago that time of 8:05 was unprecedented, didn't appear that he got a very clean lap either, lots of traffic. I believe that CTR on modern rubber and a good clean lap would go much faster.

Recon

Established Member
Love the Yellowbird. Only two complaints the steering wheel is hideous (momo is much better looking) and the wheels are too heavy.

5280stang

Established Member
The owner of the first Ruf in the US used to be my patient. He owned one of the Ruf cover cars in Road and Track magazine, and also open the first Ruf dealership here in Florida. He was an angry old man who fired every PT he's ever worked with until I got him to talk about cars one day. After 3 or 4 visits to the clinic I was working at he started to bring is his old memorabilia of his old cars. The autographed magazine covers, photos of all his cars, the dealership, his planes and helicopters he's owned etc. After several weeks his family members started to show up to the clinic wanting to meet me. All because they stated he hasn't smiled or laughed in years, and now he can't stop. All this is because he got to talk to someone that appreciated cars like him. I have about a half dozen stories about him and his wife I tell people all the time... how he lost his dealership, and how his disease cost him his military aviation contracts, but my favorite story to tell is about how his wife found out she had a brain aneurysm.

Sorry about getting off topic, it's just this car has a special place for me.

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
He must have to put his cojones in the passenger seat to keep a proper balance in the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OMG, that driver has nerves and balls of steel! On the edge most of the run. No safety equipment. Impressive driving there!! For the entire video, I was like.............

giphy.gif

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
thats what i look like when i drive the kids to school in the morning through traffic.

i remember falling in love with that car when it was in R&T when i was a kid. it was one of the only "production" cars to top 200mph back then.

211mph.....in 1987! white the beloved F40 only reached 199mph.

but this car is the definition of a car that will kill you if you dont know what youre doing. id be skeered.

Users who are viewing this thread