Ported blower doesn’t sound the same!

mark23svt

Established Member
So just tried something quick I saw on YouTube but it checked out. I put my finger on the line and pushed down the lever, the lever never went back down until the I released my finger from the vacum line so it holds vacumm. Hope that makes sense. Any way it can still be the boost bypass?

mark23svt

Established Member
The top line, that one runs to the intake and y’s off i believe and the bottom looks like it runs to the back of the super charger

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ok. I was wondering if it had the bypass mod done. It doesn't sound like it.

Another dumb idea, are you positive it's getting WOT? Have someone press the throttle to the floor and make sure the TB is opening all the way.

mark23svt

Established Member
Good idea I’ll check that soon, because I literally just got the car back and been dealing with issues. Also there is no wire or line going to the fuel rail pressure unit. Not sure if there should be one. I’ll take a pic tomorrow of how it looks. If it’s not opening all the way should I change the iac or tps sensors?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You mean the FRPS isn't hooked up at all? You should have a check engine light if that's the case.

If the throttle body isn't opening all the way it's probably a cable issue. I'm assuming it's a stock throttle body though.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Good idea I’ll check that soon, because I literally just got the car back and been dealing with issues. Also there is no wire or line going to the fuel rail pressure unit. Not sure if there should be one. I’ll take a pic tomorrow of how it looks. If it’s not opening all the way should I change the iac or tps sensors?
with the car off remove the inlet tube, just have someone put the pedal to the floor and see if the TB opens all the way. It's purely mechanical at that point - pedal, cable, tb. maybe someone goofed with the routing, it got knocked out of a holder etc...

mark23svt

Established Member
Ok I’ll check that. And no the fuel rail pressure sensor is hooked up but not to the bypass that I can tell. One line goes to the back of supercharger and the other one connects to the air intake. But next step is check throttle body. I’ll take a pic in the morning since I’m at work and send it.

mark23svt

Established Member
9677A0A1-2E0C-4854-BFD4-4B5519AF7340.jpeg

mark23svt

Established Member
It’s a ported throttle body oem, and this is how the bypass valve is connected on the car.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you do the bypass mod before you sold it or did your buddy do it? I'm pretty sure if that mod is done then nothing should be hooked up to the top port of the bypass.

01yellercobra

Established Member
good lord, some people could tear up a steel ball with a rubber screw driver.

Hopefully it's easy enough to straighten out.

wasnt the boost bypass "mod" just so if you bumped the limiter (say during a burnout) it wouldn't dump boost for however many seconds?
My understanding is the ECU could limit boost through the solenoids for a variety of reasons. I think it could bleed off boost at WOT too. So deleting the solenoids took away that control and it would hold boost better.

OP, given recent information I would find a reputable shop around you and have them look it over. Have them check the tune too.

papajoewill

Established Member
good lord, some people could tear up a steel ball with a rubber screw driver.

Hopefully it's easy enough to straighten out.

wasnt the boost bypass "mod" just so if you bumped the limiter (say during a burnout) it wouldn't dump boost for however many seconds?
LOL that's a new saying for me and I love it

Users who are viewing this thread