Ported stock throttle body

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Brian Posi used to port the New Edge oem TB's with good results, I haven't heard anyone doing it to Coyote cars..

96gt02

Established Member
not worth it especially if your not familiar with doing one, also your tuner will likely hate you lol

StalkerStang

Established Member
I did a ported TB on my 11. Actually lost power over the stock one. I'm not gonna say there is nothing to be gained, but it is very dependent on your tuner. Even if they are capable of dialing it in, they may charge more to do it.

My 11 has a JLT intake, GT350 manifold, Kooks shorty headers, lethal X, and Borla ATAK system. MT82 car with aluminum DS. With the stock TB on a Mustang dyno it did 439 wheel. Lost about 5hp with a ported stock (85mm), and it took more rpm for it to reach that power.

Bill16s550

I've done heads and intake before, currently porting a 16 intake for my 16 mustang and was just wondering if there would be any benefit to doing the throttle body too . Just openeing up and smoothing out opening to the blade and some blending behind it.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Its not that part that is the problem. Its how the PCM calculates load and torque through throttle angle. That is where the issues are.

Users who are viewing this thread