Ported throttle body and intake

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by 11secCobra
i just ported my stock throttle body just like the pictures...and you can tell a DEFINANT difference from 3000-5000 and the throttle response is a lot better too...AND it was FREE!!!
does anyone know if Apten ports the tb if we sent that in with the blower? I dont know if it would help any to have the plenum port matched to the back inlet of the charger...
Thanks, Shane

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
i will be going to the dyno on the 16th. i'm just doing the usualy 3 pulls. i was going to try and see if the dyno operator would let me slap on the unit i ported inbetween runs so everyone can get some actual numbers. ill install my friends stock piece which is what i used above for comparison. and then i'll install the one i ported. i just need some advise on how i should do this to keep it as accurate as possible?

do 1 run with stock and 2 with ported, 2 with stock and 1 with ported. im sure there not gonna sit there and let me cool it off 2 much as im just payin 50 bucks for 3 runs but let me know how i can control the conditons as much as possible. thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Shanezam203
does anyone know if Apten ports the tb if we sent that in with the blower? I dont know if it would help any to have the plenum port matched to the back inlet of the charger...
Thanks, Shane
Give me a call. ;-)

WDW MKR

Established Member
Looks great! I've been thinking of doing this myself. I did it on my GN and SS w/out too much trouble. What tools did you use?

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
i used a standard length die grinder as an extended shank wasnt needed, unless you want the extra stability. the 2 knubs were removed with a carbide deburring bit and the. plenum and throttle body were "SHAPED" with a standard carbide bit. it was then touched up with an aluminum oxide stone and polished with a 40 grit wheel. the throttle body was touched up even further with a 80 grit wheel and then a 180 grit flapper.

WDW MKR

Established Member
What did you do to the IAC bolts? Did you trim them down or leave them at their stock length?

YGETV8

Established Member
Can't help with the pics, but I can tell you that on the several that I have ported now I have ground down the IAC screws to the new required length. Just be sure to use a little thread sealer or sensor safe silicone on the threads prior to reassembly.

IllogicalWisdom

Established Member
Thanks for the tip. I am looking for pictures mainly so I can actually see 'what's inside' without pulling mine off lol :)

Also, is the gastket on the plenum reuseable after you pull it off?

WDW MKR

Established Member
I will be reusing the TB gasket and IAC gasket. The plenum gasket has a copper RTV ring that like to tear the gasket as it is removed. Only $8 at your local dealer. Any problem with cutting the excess off the TB blade screws? I did mine with the blades assembled, so I don't see any issues with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread