Porting my stock EATON.. Pics, tips, tricks.. please advise

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Plenty of guys including myself have run 18lbs on the stock block...some more than 18

I completely understand.
At that point it's such a fine line between power and destruction.
The very marginal gain just doesn't seem worth the risk on a street truck, unless you are already prepared to 'go-built'.

...And a Whipple pushing 18# is safer than an Eaton @ the same.
I've run 18 too. I just don't recommend it. The heat produced with the Eaton at that level is substantial. That's why I backed it down to 15 or so.
But now that my motor is built I can cool the charge with as big of a shot I want and not have to worry about the heat of the Eaton.
:beer:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I completely understand.
At that point it's such a fine line between power and destruction.
The very marginal gain just doesn't seem worth the risk on a street truck, unless you are already prepared to 'go-built'.

...And a Whipple pushing 18# is safer than an Eaton @ the same.
I've run 18 too. I just don't recommend it. The heat produced with the Eaton at that level is substantial. That's why I backed it down to 15 or so.
But now that my motor is built I can cool the charge with as big of a shot I want and not have to worry about the heat of the Eaton.
:beer:

well you could just step up to a magnum powers :p
less heat than the eaton ha ha

ViciousJay

Established Member
Your sig says 610 HP, is that measured at the wheel, or is it a crank HP figure derived from a RWHP number? ...and with a ported Eaton?

I had no idea an Eaton could make more than 530ish or so rwhp...?

hes on a Kenne Bell, dont be fooled

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
well you could just step up to a magnum powers :p
less heat than the eaton ha ha

Sure, I could.
But then, again, we're only talking marginal gains for a lot more money and a lot less torque when compared to even just a 50 shot.:poke:

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
Gucci,

Get a 4 or 6 lower, port the blower your self, get it tuned and be done... start there! this isnt like a cobra where you can throw 8 lbs of boost extra on and be ok, these applications are a little more critical

yea i'll probally just go with the six for now. just to b safe.

ViciousJay

Established Member
What is used to strip the rotors?

i used aircraft stripper, use a paint brush to apply wait 5 min and take a towel and remove, it reminds me of those info-mmericals liek OXy clean, one minute its there the next minute its GONE :eek:, :lol1::lol1::lol1:

WhiteLight01

Established Member
I've been wanting to send my blower to Steig, I just can't afford it right now :(

Rather do my own, but I always end up screwing something up. I have the worst of luck working on or around the engine. I am not the mechanically inclined kind of person...im challenged.

Me too. Not because I don't know what to do...but just because thats my luck.
If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.:shrug:

2004mmmach1

On The Road Course
Established Member
I got question when you strip the rotors, do you have to put a onther coating or just bare when you are put it together?

wakeboardin2k4

Established Member
Home port. Not great but will be functional. Its no steig port, but its also not 500 dollars

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread