Porting my stock EATON.. Pics, tips, tricks.. please advise

BlackSVT01CA

Established Member
a rookie question!!:shrug:
what are you guys using to port the s/c.. meaning i see some with new and larger holes!!
-How or what are y'all using.. do you guys have any pic for this stages.
and do i need to change or add anything else when i do this? i have a chip and a k/n air filter and a home made oil sep. and a boots bypass kit.
I went to the s/c site on how to.. but my dumb lap top wont let me enter the sit or is the site down?? i can't enter it..
so if someone could please post step by step or can someone pm or email me the tear down for the s/c and parts..
thanks alot. it would be really appreciated.
[email protected]

ViciousJay

Established Member
i assure you, if youve never played with metals or cut casings or built your own tools then this is not for you to do, theres more to this then just cutting the case

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Does anyone know the details about the bearings in the back of the S/C case? While my S/C is out this time, I plan to strip the coating. Last time I had them out, I didn't have the right stuff to get it off though. The 2 bearings in the back of the case I covered with tape while I cleaned everything out, but I'm just curious if there's anything that can be done with those maintenance wise (new grease? etc)

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
Does anyone know the details about the bearings in the back of the S/C case? While my S/C is out this time, I plan to strip the coating. Last time I had them out, I didn't have the right stuff to get it off though. The 2 bearings in the back of the case I covered with tape while I cleaned everything out, but I'm just curious if there's anything that can be done with those maintenance wise (new grease? etc)

grease em up with a synthetic red grease....i used mobil1

RedFox

Established Member
I've read oven cleaner works 10x better than carb cleaner!!! So give it a shot. Let us know how it works. After seeing yours it makes me think more and more about cleaning mine since it has 70k on the clock.....

Easy-Off oven cleanser will damage aluminium surfaces. Its says so right on the bottle. Unless you know of another brand which doesnn't. Castrol Superclean will do the same.

Steig. does say that plugging the silencer holes will produce more heat. :nonono: How much, I don't know but if performance is what you are after, this is a backward step.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Steig. does say that plugging the silencer holes will produce more heat. :nonono: How much, I don't know but if performance is what you are after, this is a backward step.

Well its not for me then. I thought it wouldn't change anything but the sound. Its too bad, I love hearing loud blowers.

RedFox

Established Member
I run Mobil 1 in my Eaton for my car. Unless you have other issues then it will be perfectly fine.

Proper Eaton blower oil is good for the life of the blower, as specifically indicated by Eaton. Personally, I change mine every 150K. I have an Eaton M90 with over 450K which still runs like new and can push 15psi all day long.

The Viscosity and tack of blower oil is totally different than motor oil. I would never do that but that's just me. :rolling:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Hell the first Gen Whipple's they even used Motor Oil lol. There are tons of members on here along with a very well known porter that used Motor Oil for years. Unless you have other issues then the Mobil 1 will be perfectly fine. I'm running 0 weight oil in mine now lol.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
For those who wanted to see the blower apart.. Here are the three components once you take the front cover bolts off!

DSC01717.jpg

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
so after doing a port is it necesary to get a tune for it? also is it safe to go wit an 8# lower and stock upper or stick with a 6?

TqMnster

Established Member
An 8# lower is kind of extreme and you will be making a ton of excessive heat on the stock eaton. Anything over a 4# lower and your goin to need something to take care of your maf problem such and a MAFia or an aftermarket maf sensor.

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
i think i miss worded this. i will have a ported blower with a stock pulley. is 8 still too big. i plan on chnging to a 90mm mass air since i have a 2000 with a MAFia?

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Here is an update.. Rotor pack is stipped down from it's coating... Intercooler is cleaned and headunit is cleaned and silencer holes plugged...

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01722.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

TqMnster

Established Member
Are you saying you stripped the teflon coating off of the rotors??? If so I dont think thats good. Not good at all? lol Seriously though.... Anyways are you porting it while its off?

Users who are viewing this thread