Possible move to Miami - Educate Me

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
As a followup I just saw a person with a machete was just shot and killed after taking a hostage in North Miami Beach…

I have a friend down there and kind of like it… for a weekend. Wouldn’t do kids there though.

VegasMichael

Established Member
As a followup I just saw a person with a machete was just shot and killed after taking a hostage in North Miami Beach…

I have a friend down there and kind of like it… for a weekend. Wouldn’t do kids there though.
Some idiot Spring Breaker attacked the drummer of Def Leppard in Lauderdale.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
LOL..was in Miami Beach in 1964 with the folks when it was the number one visited resort in the world and it was great. Went back in 1986 to North Miami beach and there was shootings every night and a real shithole. I would guess its better today but from the looks of the spring break there with the shootings not much has changed. Leaving April 29th for 2 weeks in Florida but south Florida on the east coast is not on the agenda. Have friends and relatives in Naples, Vero beach, Perry, Ponte Vedra beach and New Smryna. Just too many miles to drive and visit them all and I am driving down from NJ.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Way too crowded and hot for me.
But the OP should give it a shot and see if it fits. Opinions vary.
Your turn, since you seem to want to have a piss contest about this.
His call, and needs to research. Just giving my opinion. No pissing contest at all, I've just been over there a bunch in the last 30 years. Ask @CompOrange04GT what he thinks. I think there was a thing on YT a while back about the worse place to live in Florida, guess which one came in first? Granted they were crappy suburbs.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
LOL..was in Miami Beach in 1964 with the folks when it was the number one visited resort in the world and it was great. Went back in 1986 to North Miami beach and there was shootings every night and a real shithole. I would guess its better today but from the looks of the spring break there with the shootings not much has changed. Leaving April 29th for 2 weeks in Florida but south Florida on the east coast is not on the agenda. Have friends and relatives in Naples, Vero beach, Perry, Ponte Vedra beach and New Smryna. Just too many miles to drive and visit them all and I am driving down from NJ.
Don't stop in Charlotte County on the way to Naples.

VegasMichael

Established Member
His call, and needs to research. Just giving my opinion. No pissing contest at all, I've just been over there a bunch in the last 30 years. Ask @CompOrange04GT what he thinks. I think there was a thing on YT a while back about the worse place to live in Florida, guess which one came in first? Granted they were crappy suburbs.
Living there means giving yourself up to multi-culturalism.
Some people are up for that.
Others are not.
I would have lived there back in the day.
But not these days.
I really have no idea where I want to live anymore.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Some idiot Spring Breaker attacked the drummer of Def Leppard in Lauderdale.
Damn kids. Vision of me cranking Pyromania in my Alpine with the treble maxed out on the eq in my 79 Camaro. Lol

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
There is literally nowhere in the U.S. that anyone will tell you is a good place to live. And if they do, just as many will tell you it is awful.
I will not tell you that I found paradise because **** off we’re full. But there is no where else in America I would rather live.
It’s expensive as **** and yes it is busy but no place is 100% spot on perfect.

I have to live in a warm tropical zero winter climate. No ****in ifs ands about it.

If it were not for southern Florida I would pack up and move to the Caribbean. Ded. Fkn. Srs.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Yup lived down there for over 20 years.

Go more north into palm beach county …

Anythign south .. lauderdale , etc **** that.

I’d say if you were in your 20s sure… south of PBC all day long.

Over the age of 30? No ****ing way.

Now.. again.. food? You will not find a better place in America. Because of how big of a melting pot it is. BUT.. you may get robbed while eating it lol

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Living there means giving yourself up to multi-culturalism.
Some people are up for that.
Others are not.
I would have lived there back in the day.
But not these days.
I really have no idea where I want to live anymore.

In the last 10 years.. there is only one place I lived that wasn’t “ multi cultural “ and it was north ****ing Dakota.

Living anywhere means multicultural unless you want to drive over an hour to go to a grocery store

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yup lived down there for over 20 years.

Go more north into palm beach county …

Anythign south .. lauderdale , etc **** that.

I’d say if you were in your 20s sure… south of PBC all day long.

Over the age of 30? No ****ing way.

Now.. again.. food? You will not find a better place in America. Because of how big of a melting pot it is. BUT.. you may get robbed while eating it lol
Food lol, they don’t even make the top 15 list of best food in the US… granted those list are highly opinionated and subjective…and by melting pot do you mean predominantly cuban/hispanic with some whites and blacks sprinkled in there with a dash of asian..

B1596038-37D2-4905-8808-01C0216CDB33.png

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Dang, I was gonna hook y'all up.

Nice Brad what are you hooking me up to....lol....hopefully some brew. Usually drive down straight thru but stay up north. Its rare that I get down that way. But down every year so it could happen before my 80 year old union delegate friend in Naples passes.....

Users who are viewing this thread