Possible move to Miami - Educate Me

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice Brad what are you hooking me up to....lol....hopefully some brew. Usually drive down straight thru but stay up north. Its rare that I get down that way. But down every year so it could happen before my 80 year old union delegate friend in Naples passes.....
Hit me up if you ever come through Charlotte County. I'm about 3 miles off of I-75. Just look for all the blue roof tarps. lol Still a damn disaster zone.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Hit me up if you ever come through Charlotte County. I'm about 3 miles off of I-75. Just look for all the blue roof tarps. lol Still a damn disaster zone.

Damn I know how hard it was hit in your area. Naples not so much. My friend up in Perry nothing and Vero was hardly hit. Believe me I know the benefits of living in Florida except maybe for the storms and my friend is afraid of the pythons...lol....thanks Brad for the offer.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Don’t. Seriously.

South of Boca is getting packed. Hell, palm beach is getting full and it’s leaking into the erasure coast

At her pay, you might be able to get into a nice community. So, maybe. There’s some hidden gems located west in Miami and broward.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Food lol, they don’t even make the top 15 list of best food in the US… granted those list are highly opinionated and subjective…and by melting pot do you mean predominantly cuban/hispanic with some whites and blacks sprinkled in there with a dash of asian..

View attachment 1786202

Cuban food. Jamaican food

**** Haitian food is amazing

Best is subjective .. but what Miami has is OPTIONS. On 3 blocks you can legit have food from around the world and it’s legit just got off the ****ing boat legit food.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Best is subjective .. but what Miami has is OPTIONS. On 3 blocks you can legit have food from around the world and it’s legit just got off the ****ing boat legit food.
You can do that in ATX too, but no way in hell I’d move back :ROFLMAO:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it will absolutely suck compared to the oc. (yes, i've lived both places)

pretty much the only, and i mean only, pro for miami will be being able to mod up your car.

best of luck, but i think you will regret.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Miami does have a lot of good food if you know where to find it

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
it will absolutely suck compared to the oc. (yes, i've lived both places)

pretty much the only, and i mean only, pro for miami will be being able to mod up your car.

best of luck, but i think you will regret.

Modding cars and less taxes.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

You forgot one of my favorites for seafood. We have a good one here but Miami has better.

Peruvian.

I’m actually going on the first to Miami for the entire day. Leaving Naples in the early morning with my boy who’s a retired nyc cop and a certified bad ass and his son. Between us. Our guns our street sense and his 30 years experience in the biggest shithole of them all I feel good.

Going straight to south beach for sloots and food for the day then down to a Miami for the rest of the afternoon.

Looking forward to my return there for the first time in years.

I’m not a product of my environment. My environment is a product of me.
;)

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I love Miami but my perspective is only as a visitor.

I typically stay only a few days at a time either at the Fountainbleu or Mandarin.

It is a truly global city and an incredible melting pot. On the order of NY or London.

The money there is stupid. You can drive to boca and see house after house worth 50m with a 25m boat out back.

Because it is global the cost of housing is going to be nuts. Especially post COVID when everyone moved there. I know at least 50 that moved from either NY or CA. And these are rich ****ers.

Example: I have a friend that bought a place in Coconut Grove. This used to be a reasonably affordable area. He paid 1.2m and it is less than 2k sf and is made out of cement. His driveway is 5 feet long. His yard is a strip of astroturf. There is a crackhouse 1 block over.

The exotic car scene in Miami is unlike anything in the world. On par with Dubai or Saudi. It will blow your mind. Last time I was there I saw a Countach , GT2 Weisach, Brabus G63 parked at my hotel. Shit is nuts.

Food is incredible.

Bitches are incredible.

Great place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The cars and boats that you see all over the place in that area are insane. Always takes me by surprise the first day or two I’m there.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
The seafood yes.....Cuban food and all the others are great but I would be there for the Stone crabs and all the other seafood there....love them. Joe's is a landmark in Miami history.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You forgot one of my favorites for seafood. We have a good one here but Miami has better.

Peruvian.

I’m actually going on the first to Miami for the entire day. Leaving Naples in the early morning with my boy who’s a retired nyc cop and a certified bad ass and his son. Between us. Our guns our street sense and his 30 years experience in the biggest shithole of them all I feel good.

Going straight to south beach for sloots and food for the day then down to a Miami for the rest of the afternoon.

Looking forward to my return there for the first time in years.

I’m not a product of my environment. My environment is a product of me.
;)

Yup.

I used to go out on sunday morning and cast off the shore and catch dinner.

Get some cuban arroz con pollo while down there.

I'll go back for a weekend sometime just to gain 5 pounds on food lol

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
There's some pretty impressive houses on the lagoon on A1A

VegasMichael

Established Member
In the last 10 years.. there is only one place I lived that wasn’t “ multi cultural “ and it was north ****ing Dakota.

Living anywhere means multicultural unless you want to drive over an hour to go to a grocery store
True for the metropolitan areas in a lot of states, but once you're out of the city it's not much of a melting pot in a lot of places. Even in states like Maine, NH and Vermont the population is over 90%+ white. I imagine Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota are roughly similar. A few other states have just as little multi-culturalism. Personally, I like access to multi-cultural cities but at the end of the day I want to be with people of similar backgrounds. It's a comfort zone kind of thing to me.

P.S. I don't think this thread has really performed too well as a welcome wagon for the city of Miami. OP should visit for himself I think.

Users who are viewing this thread