Possible new light for the Club

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
Can we do NMCA with 3 guys? That is what all this crap is about. Nobody is showing up. I can schedule 400 events, but it takes members showing up to make it "work". I know I have only been "active" for a few years, but attendance is dwindling. I can only get rid of so many copies of race pages.

Do we "sponsor" Mustang alley? I thought we just hung out somewhere on woodward. I have never been to Mustang Alley, so I really don't know the role of MCT there.

As far as I know, me and UTFAN, maybe Dave will be at NMCA. Does three members count as an event?

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I can meet on Sunday as well.

Is JB planning on attending?

If not, the other Board members are Downriver or nearby. I think it would be best to physically meet as group. If JB is attending we can choose a more central location.

T.Bone

Established Member
Do we "sponsor" Mustang alley? I thought we just hung out somewhere on woodward. I have never been to Mustang Alley, so I really don't know the role of MCT there.

We/I maintain the web site for 5 months out of the year. It would be nice to have it on our calendar of events and have a few members turn out. We do not work the event, all you have to do is show up and relax.

If you haven't registered then here is the link.

Mustang Alley 2009

We can have events and just show up and hang out and if 4 people show up big deal. We don't need to do these NMRA/NMCA events knowing we can't get help, big difference between the two.

Pick a Metro/Huron park once a month during the summer and post it on our site. See who shows up, if we get a couple of members great!

I agree with Doug and John that this should be taken off line and board members should meet and discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Can we do NMCA with 3 guys? That is what all this crap is about. Nobody is showing up. I can schedule 400 events, but it takes members showing up to make it "work". I know I have only been "active" for a few years, but attendance is dwindling. I can only get rid of so many copies of race pages.

As far as I know, me and UTFAN, maybe Dave will be at NMCA. Does three members count as an event?

Well hopefully we have more members, in addition wives, daughters, sons, girlfriends, boyfriends. This is the main topic I would like to discuss with the Board, which I will wait until that time.

Woodward is an event for the Club, but we do not physically host/sponsor it. So yes we hangout in the Alley and on Woodward, no preparing bags, parking cars, no physical dependance on the MCT members. So, 5 cars can show and Mustang Alley is still strong. Tim is the most involved by running the MCT website for the hundreds that register.

So our remaining sponsored (meaning the more bodies/cars we have the better off it will be) events are the NMCA and the Fall Cruise.

dougwg

Established Member
I can meet on Sunday as well.

Is JB planning on attending?

If not, the other Board members are Downriver or nearby. I think it would be best to physically meet as group. If JB is attending we can choose a more central location.
Blksnke's a board member too...as well as Sharron and VID.

Mike Pres.
Matt VP
John Sec.
Doug Tres.
Stan Dir.
Sharron Dir.
David Dir.

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Ok, the more members there the better. I was under the impression that the Exec Board (i.e. Pre VP, Sec Tres.) met for these types of decisions as like the two other meetings that we have had in the past.

The MCT Board will meet 7/23/09 at 8:30 PM reservation is under Motor City Terminators

Royal Oak Brewery
215 E 4th St
Royal Oak, MI 48067-2606
(248) 544-1141

royaloakbrewery.com‎

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I'm there...

Thanks for keeping it centrally located, Mike!
RO Brewery is one of my favorite places

awesome Sheperd's Pie, Jambalaya and microbrew! :-D

Last edited:

SSSN8KE

Ok, the more members there the better. I was under the impression that the Exec Board (i.e. Pre VP, Sec Tres.) met for these types of decisions as like the two other meetings that we have had in the past.

The MCT Board will meet 7/23/09 at 8:30 PM reservation is under Motor City Terminators

Royal Oak Brewery
215 E 4th St
Royal Oak, MI 48067-2606
(248) 544-1141

royaloakbrewery.com‎

confirming I'll be at the mtg...

SSSN8KE

BTW...Thursday is "BIKE NIGHT" in Royal Oak, plenty of action going on in town that night. So if anyone one wants to show up a little early and cruise town in the Terminator, let me know? Also, for what it's worth the eye candy is typically over the top, so maybe that will get you ole working stiffs out earlier??:dancenana:

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
I might be late, but I will be there. My schedule was changed and now I work a modified shift on Thursday (11-7). By the time I get home and shower and drive there, it might be 9.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Here's an idea for a gtg...the annual Dearborn Heights Firefighters Chili Cook-Off! August 29th at Parkland Park.

If the club gets enough interest, I can obtain an area to showcase our cars.

Check out the info and post up if you would be interested in showing your ride!

CLICK:beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
You know I'm 100% for this idea..... :beer:

It's become an annual tradition for me and altogether we had 4 MCT members there last year.

I'd love to see this grow into a car show.......field is large enough, that's for sure.

Glad to see Benny is still doin his thing and Matto too.

musicbandna9.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread