Possibly going from 3.31 to 3.73, need your opinion.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
that doesn't look too bad.

I think i might not spin too much because my 5.0 is a base, with 3.31s (i know you have the same gear) and the 18" rims come with a tire with more sidewall than the premiums... so that might allow more flexing... and better traction?

Maybe. I have a Brembo car, with a 19 that is more adept at handling curves than traction in a straight line (especially when cold). Plus, I have a Pro-Cal tune which adds a significant bump in low end grunt. If my car was lowered another inch these 26ers would look better. However, at the end of the day all I really care about is getting a good ET.

Mike

D.T.R

Established Member
Maybe. I have a Brembo car, with a 19 that is more adept at handling curves than traction in a straight line (especially when cold). Plus, I have a Pro-Cal tune which adds a significant bump in low end grunt. If my car was lowered another inch these 26ers would look better. However, at the end of the day all I really care about is getting a good ET.

Mike

that's where it's at :rockon:

Funny5.0

Established Member
From the info on you tube: 40 roll to120ish 3.31 vs 3.73 5.0's, all else stock.
3.31 lost by one car...
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bNmyN-WPPs"]2 Stock 2012 5.0 Mustangs, both stock - YouTube[/nomedia]

coyotestang

Established Member
im going to break down and get the 3.73 gear and have it installed, because i wanna feel more down low and i dont go to the track much. just roll race with friends. anyway to get the speedo fixed without a tune so i dont loose my warranty,dont wanna void it yet.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
3.73's fit me the best. Drove 3.31's, 3.55's and 3.73's. The 3.73's felt the best match to the powerband of the motor in normal speed ranges that I travel in. I daily my car, rain, shine, or snow. City traffic and all. And I'm happier than a pig in shit that I took the 3.73's. Pro-cal made the car 100 times better. Still get over 20 mpg and I don't baby it.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I installed the factory tune yesterday so I could data log for Shaun. I had no traction issues whatsoever. So, a good deal of my issues were coming from the extra torque of the FRPP Pro-Cal tune. It was also a warm day, near 80 down here, so the tires had plenty of grip.

Oh, and the stock tune SUCKS! I had not experienced the car for months with the stock tune. I hated it. LOL.

Mike

superman

Established Member
any weight reduction? 117 trap for a stock car seems high
Only weight savings was removing the spare tire and jack from trunk. A lot of people has said the same thing about the high MPH. :shrug: next mod for sure is a hand held tuner. Any suggestions.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I installed the factory tune yesterday so I could data log for Shaun. I had no traction issues whatsoever. So, a good deal of my issues were coming from the extra torque of the FRPP Pro-Cal tune. It was also a warm day, near 80 down here, so the tires had plenty of grip.

Oh, and the stock tune SUCKS! I had not experienced the car for months with the stock tune. I hated it. LOL.

Mike

Any knock logged?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Any knock logged?

I logged the knock sensor but it either did not log properly (and, yes, I used LiveLink), or there was no knock at all. However, you could see the timing adjusting. Shaun said the FRPP tune was leaner and had more timing than his tune, with a leaner commanded Lambda. His base tune pulls harder and no need for my "Witch's Brew" gas. Just regular old Exxon from a station on the highway in there....zero ping. He is reviewing data logs right now for revisions.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I logged the knock sensor but it either did not log properly (and, yes, I used LiveLink), or there was no knock at all. However, you could see the timing adjusting. Shaun said the FRPP tune was leaner and had more timing than his tune, with a leaner commanded Lambda. His base tune pulls harder and no need for my "Witch's Brew" gas. Just regular old Exxon from a station on the highway in there....zero ping. He is reviewing data logs right now for revisions.

Mike

ill PM you so were not clogging this thread!

BSH

Established Member
Only weight savings was removing the spare tire and jack from trunk. A lot of people has said the same thing about the high MPH. :shrug: next mod for sure is a hand held tuner. Any suggestions.

Glad to see someone else hitting this mph, these cars are full capable. I went 11.90 @ 117mph and tipped 118 on one pass. Mine is stock with the mufflers deleted and same weight reduction as you. Good driving

Users who are viewing this thread