Possibly Selling my 660rwhp 2003 DSG Cobra!

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
**NEW PICS ADDED!!** Selling my 660rwhp 2003 DSG Cobra!!!

Well since I have bought back my old fox body I am considering selling my 2003 DSG Cobra to buy something a little more "family friendly." I'm not ready to pull the trigger on a sale just yet but would like to see what kind of offers I might get. Who knows, the right offer and I will let her go! The car has right around 11,000 miles on it and I can get the build date and number for it off the certificate when I get home. No tick... no vibe... it has had the stall once that I know of, but it never happened again so I'm not sure that was it. Here are the specifics:

Under the Hood:
- Polished 2.4 Kenne Bell
- Stage 3 Crower Cams (installed by JDM)
- SCT 4-way flip chip with 8-position selector in car.
- Acufab Throttle body
- SCT 2400 MAF
- METCO 100mm idler
- 3.25 Upper Pulley
- Stock Lower
- Cold air intake

Exhaust:
- SLP Longtubes
- SLP Catted X-pipe and interchangable offroad flow tubes. (wideband bung welded in already)
- Magnaflow MagnaPack GT Catback

Fuel System:
- 60 lb injectors
- KB Boost-a-pump
- Focus pumps with JDM installed wiring upgrade.

Drivetrain & Suspension:
- super smooth stock tranny
- STOCK clutch! So you know this thing hasn't been abused!
- Pro-5.0 shifter with MGW handle
- Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframes
- QA1 rear shocks
- Built 2003 GT Live axle with the following:
- 3.73 gears
- 31 Spline Moser axles
- TA Diff cover
- Welded Axle tubes
- rear GT brakes with slotted and drilled rotors
- Eaton Pro Series Posi with Kevlar clutches.
- HPM Upper control arms
- HPM Megabite JR Lower control arms
- Bullitt rear springs

Interior and Exterior:
- perfect interior
- Satin Wheels with good stock tires
- SLP Linelock
- Switches to turn on IC Pump and Fans
- Raptor Shift Light
- MGW Cobra knob
- Speed of Sound 2 Pillar pod
- Autometer Lunar Electric Fuel Pressure
- Autometer Lunar Boost
- Kenny Brown Seat rail Extenders
- Stainless Steel Cobra inserts

NEW PARTS that come with car but not installed:
- DFX Clutch and Pressure plate
- Centerforce Throwout bearing
- Fidanza Flywheel
- Liberty 26 spline input shaft
- Fiore Clutch quadrant kit
- LDC Cooling mod
- LDC Clutch Freeplay mod
- CobraBob shifter gaskets
- LFP Radiator
- LFP Intercooler Reservior
- LFP Heat Exchanger
- Kenne Bell Boost-a-spark
- Steeda front Drag Springs

I'm sure I'm missing some things but thats about it... I bought the car in June from a SVTP board member from New Jersey who babied the car, as evident by the fact that it still has the original clutch and tires and makes all this power! The car made 660rwhp on the JDM dyno at 17-18lbs of boost after the cams were installed. I have the dyno charts to prove this.

The car has NEVER seen a sticky tire... and has been driven only about 1200 miles since I got it. I know that my sig lists the car as having an Edelbrock nitrous kit, but the kit was never installed on the car and has been sold. I bought it and the accessories and then changed my mind.

The car is currently in the shop getting the rear end gone through. I'm sure many of you have seen my post about my experiences trading my IRS with Level 5's for this Live axle with another board member! It was an eye opening experience to say the least... The rear end will be totally gone through and the damaged Detroit Locker he gave me will be replaced with something else... most likely either an Auburn Pro unit or a Detroit True-Trac. Anything else that needs to be done to make the rear end PERFECT will be done before it leaves the shop.

I am looking for SERIOUS cash offers at this time or trade AND cash offers involving perfect condition and low mileage Gen 2 Lightnings or SUV's. Might be interested in a G35 Infiniti as well... Keep in mind that unless you have something that I just can't live without you will have to add cash to most any trade offered.

I am not in a huge hurry to sell this car so no lowballers please! As soon as I get the car back from the shop I can get some pics of everything (it was trailered to a shop out of town because they do THE best work in the region!). The car is located in far west Texas in Midland.

Last edited:

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
lol its not a for sure thing yet Tony! Just feeling out the market... Robert has ordered a new Diff for the car and it will be going back together this week...

Would you believe it if I told you I was looking at possibly a Trailblazer SS?? LS2 and AWD in an SUV sounds like a perfect "family" ride to me!

WA 2 FST

Established Member
TexasLawDawg said:
lol its not a for sure thing yet Tony! Just feeling out the market... Robert has ordered a new Diff for the car and it will be going back together this week...

Would you believe it if I told you I was looking at possibly a Trailblazer SS?? LS2 and AWD in an SUV sounds like a perfect "family" ride to me!

Nothing wrong with a Trailblazer SS. It's a _real_ "sports" utility vehicle. It will perform better with the RWD version, though.

You also may want to consider the Jeep Cherokee SRT-8. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and 13.3 @ 104 in the quarter mile (or, as fast as a stock Lightning). ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide!

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I"M THINKING U WILL GET SOME WHERE IN THE MID 30"S FOR THIS... Awsome car got a vid of how it sounds with the cams and the SLP. TTT for u!!!!!

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Are you in TX or NJ?

Tell me the life of the car.

What excatly is it in the shop for right now?

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
I am in TX, these are pics of when I bought the car from a fellow SVTP board member in late May-early June (shipping company was a pita!) who lived in NJ. When I got the car from him it had less than 10k miles on it. JDM had done the major installs and the tune on the car.

The car is in the shop getting rear end work done... specifically new axle seals, new differential, etc. If you have the time to read a long thread here is the story behind why its in the shop! http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247299&page=1&pp=25

I got the car in June, and then in September took out the IRS to swap for the built live axle. I have not been able to drive the car since due to the issues described in the above thread! Thats part of the reason why i am selling it... I lost alot of interest not being able to drive it for 5+ months!

Users who are viewing this thread