Possibly the saddest/worse night i can remember

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I know its hard. We had to have one put to sleep years ago and my most beloved friend who I got as a gift lived to be 1 month shy of 16 years old. We had him and my sister's dog in the same big fenced in area. The evening before he ate like normal but just a little slow in getting around. Next morning I did not see him and the pup was acting strange. I went out and he had got in his dog house and curled up and died. One of the worst times. Just remember if you have to her to sleep at least you know she won't be suffering anymore.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So sorry to hear. My gf's dad has a boxer, so I know how awesome they can be.

I just lost my beagle this past april. He was 14 years old and had lost most of his sight and hearing, so he apparently didn't notice when he wandered under the tires of moving vehicles. First was my dad's truck that shattered his pelvis, but he fully recovered. Last was the lawnmower, which apparently broke his neck. Found out in a note from my dad the next day :(

Robert Francis

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I've lost many dogs through the years and it never gets any easier. Count yourself fortunate if you can be with her in her last hours. And she'll await for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I know how hard it can be, I have had to put down 3 of my dogs. All of them were about 14 years old and in a lot of pain. It was hard to do, but I feel a lot better about it now. Its better to not let them suffer.

I don't know what I would do if my current dog died or had to be put down. He is the best dog I have ever owned.

Bankstitan

Pwns F150s daily
Established Member
sorry to hear the bad news. I had 3 of my dogs stolen from my yard 2 years back. I'm not much of a cryer, but after i knew they were gone, i bawled like a lil girl. Its amazing how attached we can become with our pets and we dont realize it till they are gone.
which is why i guard my two pups i have w/ my life. Hope you feel better.

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Yeah man I feel for you. They become a part of your family, and every day when you get home from where ever you are, they are right there waiting for you to love you up. Damn.... sorry to hear this. Wish you the best:(

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Another condulence here as well. I have Jack Russell that is about 13 and showing signs. Been Diabetic for about a year now and has heart issues as well. I expect it to all be over soon as well though. I also had an Irish Setter that lived to be 14yrs old before his Kidney's failed. Know your exact feelings and wish ya the best.

92z28

Established Member
Thats sad to hear. I remember when my cat last the fight to leukemia, I cried that whole weekend. I dread the day when our cocker and my other cat have to leave this world.

djlarryp

Established Member
i don't post much... actually never. but anytime i ever see a thread like this one i pass this along. i posted it here a couple of months ago.

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred
to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the
road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sun light.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked..

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't ac cept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

Bankstitan

Pwns F150s daily
Established Member
i don't post much... actually never. but anytime i ever see a thread like this one i pass this along. i posted it here a couple of months ago.

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred
to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the
road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sun light.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked..

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't ac cept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

:rockon: :beer:

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member

A man and his dog were walking along a road.....

Damn Right. I couldn't sleep at all after reading this thread last night. I couldn't help feeling terrible for the OP knowing what he was going through. I dred the day when it's me. Best wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread