Post all 03-04 Cobras in the $18-21k range here...

dragon40k

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Anybody asking that price range for their Terminator would usually indicate that: 1) the Cobra has 60,000+ miles on it, 2) the Cobra is a total POS, salvage, repo, damaged, or the like, 3) the owner MUST sell in a specific time period due to divorce, relocation, deployment, etc, etc, or 4) the seller has no idea what his car is actually worth.

What we as owners value our Cobras at, and what they are actually worth in the marketplace, can indeed be two different figures.......But, luckily for us, a Terminator in excellent condition with reasonable mileage, is worth several thousand dollars more that 21K. And the market does consistently support this fact.

AMEN! Anyone thinking they are getting a "deal" for 18-21k might want to look good and close at what they are actually getting for their money.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
I sold my SB Cobra with 20k miles, and I/E mods on it for 24.5 k about a year and a half ago. So selling it for 21k now is totally reasonable.... Especially with the GT500 out now, and that being the hot "new" thing.

warcat

Established Member
$21k, $25k... What's the difference. If you're financing, the payment difference will be near $75/month.

I'd pay $25k for a clean, low mileage, wife driven Terminator. I also think there are quite a few that would do the same, so the market would support $25k.

Hell, I paid $15k for my '99.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
ilumo said:
I sold my SB Cobra with 20k miles, and I/E mods on it for 24.5 k about a year and a half ago. So selling it for 21k now is totally reasonable.... Especially with the GT500 out now, and that being the hot "new" thing.
Not necessarily true....for one reason or the other, the value has decreased very little in the past 18 months and in all likelyhood, you could still command and receive 24.5K for your Cobra even now.

However, you make a good point about the 07' Shelby and my opinion is that as more and more of them hit the street, the value of the Terminator will finally begin a significant decline........

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
ilumo said:
I challenge you to find one clean 03/04 cobra under 20k miles for 21 thousnad dollars. I challenge you!:pop:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
warcat said:
$21k, $25k... What's the difference. If you're financing, the payment difference will be near $75/month.

I'd pay $25k for a clean, low mileage, wife driven Terminator. I also think there are quite a few that would do the same, so the market would support $25k.

Hell, I paid $15k for my '99.

yeah so over 60 months, its only $4500 bucks.... no big deal I guess, lol
72 months and its only $5400

oh yeah and theres that thing called interest...

SVTdubs

Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
I challenge you to find one clean 03/04 cobra under 20k miles for 21 thousnad dollars. I challenge you!:pop:

think about it dude. He had 20k miles on his car a year and a half ago. Hes saying his car would be worth 21k now, obviously the car would have more than 20k miles on it in a year in a half of driving it. I had my cobra for 2 years, most of which time was in the shop getting the new this or new that as I prototyped almost everything thats out now... I sold my car with 40,000 miles on it with NO motor, no fuel system, no turbo system, no intake, etc for $17,000 right before the cobra market took a shit... I made out with $26k withOUT a motor in the car at all

lucky me

jcobra

Established Member
Stop trying to drive down the value of these cars. Mine has 3900 miles on it and there is no way in hell Id let it go anywhere near 21K.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
think about it dude. He had 20k miles on his car a year and a half ago. Hes saying his car would be worth 21k now, obviously the car would have more than 20k miles on it in a year in a half of driving it. I had my cobra for 2 years, most of which time was in the shop getting the new this or new that as I prototyped almost everything thats out now... I sold my car with 40,000 miles on it with NO motor, no fuel system, no turbo system, no intake, etc for $17,000 right before the cobra market took a shit... I made out with $26k withOUT a motor in the car at all

lucky me
I know what your sayin bro. I just havent seen much of a decline just yet. I can guarentee though, that after the gt500 price comes down and when they are sitting on the lots in the next year or two , then they start giving them away just as they did the terminator, The terminator value will dramatically drop down to 18-19k even with low low miles maybe even lower.

Honestly, thats why i got rid of mine. I got scared. Got out so i could still get money from it

Last edited:

SVTdubs

Established Member
jcobra, people dont drive down the value of the car.. the new cars that come out, and time devalue the car.. the longer we wait, the less they will be, its just a fact of life.

And no way in hell would I sell a car like yours for 21k either. The 21k cars are going to be 40 plus k miles with some scratches, dings, paint defects, etc.

Im not out to win any car shows though, I just wanna go fast

shortthrow50, I agree with you 100%

Red99SVT

Established Member
SVTdubs said:

lucky me

What all was prototyped off your old car?

SVTdubs

Established Member
-I had one of the first set of the jdm grind cams
-MD motorsprts first experience tuning a cammed 03 cobra
-one of the first batch of 2.4 kenne bells which sprayed oil all over my car until we figured out it was the snout bolt as I tried 3 different ones to fix it before they went into production
-the new style jlt intake where the maf was up by the throttle body
-one of the first built motors in the 03 community (not a big deal cuz 4v motors are 4v motors)
-MGW shifter
-one of the first apten ported blowers (when brian was running apten I drove my car to STL to have him tune the car and did before/after dyno results)
- first batch of diff braces from billet flow
-CPE GT47-80 single turbo system
-CPE Twin turbo system (fabricated on my car)

other than that, it was pretty much stock

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
-I had one of the first set of the jdm grind cams
-MD motorsprts first experience tuning a cammed 03 cobra
-one of the first batch of 2.4 kenne bells which sprayed oil all over my car until we figured out it was the snout bolt as I tried 3 different ones to fix it before they went into production
-the new style jlt intake where the maf was up by the throttle body
-one of the first built motors in the 03 community (not a big deal cuz 4v motors are 4v motors)
-MGW shifter
-one of the first apten ported blowers (when brian was running apten I drove my car to STL to have him tune the car and did before/after dyno results)
- first batch of diff braces from billet flow
-CPE GT47-80 single turbo system
-CPE Twin turbo system (fabricated on my car)

other than that, it was pretty much stock
sounds like you had a real ass kicker

SVTdubs

Established Member
lol, I didnt get big deals, I wanted to be the one that tested shit so people knew what worked and what didnt. Noone owes me anything, lol

Im the one who blew it up, not them

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I'm currently in the market for a 2004 with very low miles. I know I could have had a new one from the dealership for $29,200, before taxes,fees etc...
I'm basing my opinion on what people are asking based on that, not on the original sticker price of $34000+. I then take into consideration modifications and how much I'm willing to pay for them. If I know it's something I'm just going to take off of the car and not re-use, I'm not willing to add it on to the price I'm willing to pay. I know my method sounds alittle crazy, but, with that being said, if I find the color I want with the mods I want with extremely low miles in a short driving distance, I'm willing to pay possibly whatever the seller is initially asking.

SVTdubs

Established Member
what color are you looking for? Ill buy one and bring it out there and sell it to you two fold, hehe, jk

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
badsube said:
if you have a silver 2004 with very low miles, like >5000, you'll leave a very happy man.

What about that 340 mile one>??? The owner is a dick but you aren't gonna find a Silver one with less mileage. Hell I was thinking about low balling him and seeing if he would bite. -Mat-

Users who are viewing this thread