Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

C2tuck

Established Member
Sold the 996. Picked this up
c6268e66b73798b8e791f457651344d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a GT3-RS so bad!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
guessing they do alright with the AWD? i got my TRX back but it still ain’t right and folks are unloading these at a crazy pace while market is still fairly high…i do not like being stuck at home during the snow, and figured the ride height could become an issue. it’s really the only con I’m finding(or trying to find anyway lol)

I've had no issues getting around on the snowy/icy roads with the Trackhawk running Michelin pilot sport all season 4 tires. The ride height is the achilles heel during the winter.

What was wrong with your TRX?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob.

Yes, looks like a little bit of snow on Tuesday and possibly on Friday. We got a dusting today which covered the lawns and the vehicles slightly.
I think I still want the lowering springs, but we shall see. My only worry is winter time, obviously.
Man,........I really do despise the winter months. LOL
Well, we're nearing the end of January, and before we know it April will be here. And then we deal with heavy pollen for a month or so. LOL. But at least no snow and cold to deal with.

I've been out of a rwd v8 since 2020, always liked Camaros growing up, but got into Mustangs, these days I have no brand or model loyalty. So, I grabbed me a 1le, the handling is amazing!
View attachment 1824977
Beautiful 1LE, Scott. When did you buy it?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, we're nearing the end of January, and before we know it April will be here. And then we deal with heavy pollen for a month or so. LOL. But at least no snow and cold to deal with.
Amen brother!!!
Bring it on. lol

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had no issues getting around on the snowy/icy roads with the Trackhawk running Michelin pilot sport all season 4 tires. The ride height is the achilles heel during the winter.

What was wrong with your TRX?

good to know, thanks!

dealer had it for almost 8 weeks because of a what they thought was a bad vacuum pump…took weeks to get that in…turns out the ABS module was also bad so they ordered that…then they realized the master cylinder was leaking brake fluid to both and that’s why they were bad…so waiting on more parts lol.

driving a honda accord and it’s so safe and mundane i want to barf. nice of them to finally give me a loaner, but CVT tranny, brakes for you, will keep you in your lane, won’t spin tires, 180hp…suck the life straight out of any male!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
good to know, thanks!

dealer had it for almost 8 weeks because of a what they thought was a bad vacuum pump…took weeks to get that in…turns out the ABS module was also bad so they ordered that…then they realized the master cylinder was leaking brake fluid to both and that’s why they were bad…so waiting on more parts lol.

driving a honda accord and it’s so safe and mundane i want to barf. nice of them to finally give me a loaner, but CVT tranny, brakes for you, will keep you in your lane, won’t spin tires, 180hp…suck the life straight out of any male!
Dam that blows, Ive had issues with my Raptor but luckily the longest Ive been in a rental is 2 and a half weeks. I tell the dealer I need a truck for work to avoid econobox mini hell, hope you get sorted out quick with no more part swap troubleshooting.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Dam that blows, Ive had issues with my Raptor but luckily the longest Ive been in a rental is 2 and a half weeks. I tell the dealer I need a truck for work to avoid econobox mini hell, hope you get sorted out quick with no more part swap troubleshooting.
appreciate it, first world problems lol.

it’s partly my fault because i was being honest and said i had another car…but then weather hit that a ZLE is not capable of traversing safely. unfortunately being nice effed me in the A.

i was looking at old Toyotas and tahoes, I’m sick of dealing with things under warranty.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
There’s a guy on YouTube I watched. “Moreboostlesseco” he’s got a bad ass Explorer.
Yes, he's Tyler Clark, works to promote a few different companies and gets us some nice discount codes. And makes plenty of videos racing everything in sight. He's the type of influencer you can enjoy!

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Beautiful Explorer. Bet that's a rocket! Are you over 400hp?
Thank you! It's quick for what it is; I'll surprise a 392 Jeep/Durango from a dig and am pretty even from a roll.

Still the stock 400. I just have a CAI and cat-back exhaust. Wheels/tires, GT350 front brakes, Steeda suspension upgrades. Intercooler and tune are happening come tax return / bonus season.

These little 3.0s are stout. A tune on 91/93 gets mid 400s awhp, E85 gets low / mid 500s, ported stock turbos on E85 gets low / mid 600s. And that's where we're at; motors haven't popped yet, just a weak 10R60 transmission. Bigger turbos aren't really ideal from a space standpoint; there's only one out there and it required a huge amount of fabrication to make mid 700s. There is a vendor working on a bolt-in single turbo upgrade which should make some bigger power.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thank you! It's quick for what it is; I'll surprise a 392 Jeep/Durango from a dig and am pretty even from a roll.

Still the stock 400. I just have a CAI and cat-back exhaust. Wheels/tires, GT350 front brakes, Steeda suspension upgrades. Intercooler and tune are happening come tax return / bonus season.

These little 3.0s are stout. A tune on 91/93 gets mid 400s awhp, E85 gets low / mid 500s, ported stock turbos on E85 gets low / mid 600s. And that's where we're at; motors haven't popped yet, just a weak 10R60 transmission. Bigger turbos aren't really ideal from a space standpoint; there's only one out there and it required a huge amount of fabrication to make mid 700s. There is a vendor working on a bolt-in single turbo upgrade which should make some bigger power.

Since the motors inline, and rwd, you don't feel any torque steer when you stand on it, do you?

Our fwd '19 Sport with the transverse mounted 3.5L, does very well with 360hp. But the torque steer is a little unnerving. I think there's ~65k miles on it now.

Users who are viewing this thread