Post pics of your side window scoops/louvers/deletes

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I am so torn right now as to how to modify my side windows. I had the CDC pillar's on my last car which I really liked but I want something different on my GT500.

I'm torn between:

Shelby Sides
101170.jpg

Shelby Deletes
101088.jpg

Cervini Side Scoops
1226_1_middle.png

Please sound off with your opinions and pics! :beer:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The Shelby side scoops do not/not come cut out in the scoop area. They are SOLID. I have a set and they are not as pictured....$helby would not respond to my emails asking what the deal was...guess it is just the picture. Only reason I ordered them was because I thought they had a cut-out in the scoop area. So, you will either have to cut it out yourself of paint the scoop area black.

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I am so torn right now as to how to modify my side windows. I had the CDC pillar's on my last car which I really liked but I want something different on my GT500.

I'm torn between:

Shelby Sides
101170.jpg

Shelby Deletes
101088.jpg

Cervini Side Scoops
1226_1_middle.png

Please sound off with your opinions and pics! :beer:

I'm in the same boat, looking-looking and more looking. Good to know about the CS scoops^^^^^

Cervini has some love from me.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I had the Silver horse on my old stang and am leaning towards those again but I have looked at the cervini and it has old school all over it. they did a great job in the design. dont like the shelby stuff much just not into it.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Good to know about the Shelby not being as pictured. That is definately a deal breaker for me. Does anyone on here have pics of the Cervini installed on a GT500?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The Cervini are non-funtional as well I believe - they just have a sticker I think to make them look functional...but double check that.

The Cervini stuff is a PITA to prep whereas the Shelby side scoops/side window pieces are easy to paint. I have the Cervini door side scoops and had the Shelby side window scoops painted at the same time. Really have to prep the Cervini stuff....make sure they follow the included directions to prevent fish eyes and, well, to get the paint to even stick.

Last edited:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I think Cervini has changed some of their mold techniques. They were using a injection plastic and I had it on a hood. It was full of micro bubbles and tons of wax.

The fiberglass side was awsome, great fit and little to no prep needed. I havent seen these new widow scoops in person yet but It looked like these new ones were open.
Cervini says Mesh included.
cerviniScoop.png

Intruder

Established Member
Razzi. Best side scoops out there. CDC window blackouts for the interior. Perfect.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think Cervini has changed some of their mold techniques. They were using a injection plastic and I had it on a hood. It was full of micro bubbles and tons of wax.

The fiberglass side was awsome, great fit and little to no prep needed. I havent seen these new widow scoops in person yet but It looked like these new ones were open.
Cervini says Mesh included.
cerviniScoop.png
Cool, that's a better pic - looks like that may be interior showing vice a reflection from a mesh "sticker". That will suck since I went ahead and had the Shelby "scoops" painted alloy.

R1Lello

Established Member
Deletes look like anyone can make them in their shop class out of plexiglass and a bandsaw. No for me on those but hey, they come on the SS right?.........hahaha ugly

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I think I'm starting to lean towards the Cervini's. Has that late 60's feel which I do like. I do like the Silverhorse ones as well but if I deicde I don't like them down the road it would suck putting the side windows in again. At least the "tape on" versions are easily removed if you end up not being a fan of them.

Users who are viewing this thread