Post pics of your side window scoops/louvers/deletes

Supercharger

Established Member
Here's the Razzi.

256_scoop_1.jpg

Don't know if I'm sold...

Anyone have the Razzi? Are they stick on or do you have to remove the window. I looked at the web site and not much info there. The Razzi almost look flush like the Silverhorse. I had Silverhorse on my Mustang GT -- they were very nice but with my rudimentary mechanical skills it was a PITA to cut out the stock glass.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I think I'm starting to lean towards the Cervini's. Has that late 60's feel which I do like. I do like the Silverhorse ones as well but if I deicde I don't like them down the road it would suck putting the side windows in again. At least the "tape on" versions are easily removed if you end up not being a fan of them.

exactly my thoughts:eek:

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I just found the Cervini's for sale locally! Seems I'll go with them. Thanks for all the suggestions.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Dang I was hoping you would go with the black shelby covers I wanna see them on someones car before I buy em.

09Troublemaker

Established Member
The Shelby side scoops do not/not come cut out in the scoop area. They are SOLID. I have a set and they are not as pictured....$helby would not respond to my emails asking what the deal was...guess it is just the picture. Only reason I ordered them was because I thought they had a cut-out in the scoop area. So, you will either have to cut it out yourself of paint the scoop area black.

After speaking with them on the phone. If you cut them (open them up) you will also have to change the mounting points. I guess that's why it's closed, hiding this area. In addition, they don't sell any mesh/vinyl with the scoop. You would have to get creative.

09Troublemaker

Established Member
I think Cervini has changed some of their mold techniques. They were using a injection plastic and I had it on a hood. It was full of micro bubbles and tons of wax.

The fiberglass side was awsome, great fit and little to no prep needed. I havent seen these new widow scoops in person yet but It looked like these new ones were open.
Cervini says Mesh included.
cerviniScoop.png

I'm on a phone mission..lol

Confirmed, they are open with the mesh piece included. They also have a drain plug so moisture can vent out. The lower qt piece is open with NO mesh and angled so that water can drain. They also claim you can get in there with a rag to clean

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I'll be sure to post pics for all to see. I'm actually toying with the idea of painting them black. My car is Vapor/Black striped so I think it would actually look kinda cool. It's obvious that the car didn't come with them stock so why try to fight it.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I'll be sure to post pics for all to see. I'm actually toying with the idea of painting them black. My car is Vapor/Black striped so I think it would actually look kinda cool. It's obvious that the car didn't come with them stock so why try to fight it.

don't take it as bashing but i think the would look nasty, not a good idea in my opinion. do them body colored.

Intruder

Established Member
Anyone have the Razzi? Are they stick on or do you have to remove the window. I looked at the web site and not much info there. The Razzi almost look flush like the Silverhorse. I had Silverhorse on my Mustang GT -- they were very nice but with my rudimentary mechanical skills it was a PITA to cut out the stock glass.

I have the Razzi. 3M direct to the glass. I like them because you are not sticking anything onto the paint. As well, the others that stick on seem too large as they fit around the glass. The Razzi give the old school, in the hole, scoop effect no one else seems to offer. Finish off the interior with CDC blackouts covered in headliner material.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Post pics of your car Intruder. It's so hard to tell what it looks like with these crazy zoomed in shots.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Well I'm picking up my Cervini's later today. Once I get them painted I'll post pics for all to bash :)

cobra1718

Established Member
Dang I was hoping you would go with the black shelby covers I wanna see them on someones car before I buy em.
Is this what you are talking about?? Here is my car, I test fitted and didnt like them much, so I sold them

DSC_0608.jpg

DSC_0607.gif

DSC_0606.jpg

chimazo

Established Member
I hear ya, not really feeling them

I agree. Don't really get the point and I think most people would be like "WTF?" To the uninitiated, it looks like someone tried to steal your car and you cheaped out trying to fix it. Why wouldn't you just tint those windows limo black instead? It would look alot smoother, too.

The others look ok, but I hate fake stuff so the "scoops" don't fly. The ones that replace the windows look the most integrated.

Hey, different strokes and all that crap...:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread