Back when I had a D40
50mm 1.8
3188904832_86f6631228_o.jpg

First week I had the camera I got this shot
3167758905_d2916035bf_o.jpg

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
go for it. i just got one from amazon. they have kits that include a tripod, 4g sd card, and all the acc. it's really easy to use and gets addicting

Walmart50

Established Member
whoever took the picture of the american flag did a good job.. i usually hate flag pics.. but that one was good.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Ya, im thinking about it just wondering how good can i make a picture be.

Blown02

Established Member
where did yall learn these skills to make the pics look this great?!?!? just self learned or?

edit: best buy has the d40 for $450 I believe.

Linkinlog

Established Member
I just bought a D60 w/ 18-55 VR Lens on ebay for $480. It is refurbished by Nikon but comes with a 1 yr warranty. It came in last week and was packaged just like new. Everything was wrapped in plastic and I couldn't find any blemishes. It also came with a black nikon bag that is pretty nice and some other little things. I bought a $10 4gb card too from a different ebay vendor.

The seller is Cameta Camera. They were awesome and have really high feedback. I'll be testing it out this weekend at my tennis tournament ( 4.5 level League Sectionals for any of you league tennis players). Here is one I took just playing around the other night. It's not the greatest but I kinda like it...

testpics009l.jpg

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
where did yall learn these skills to make the pics look this great?!?!? just self learned or?

self learned. i have never taken a photography class or anything. Photoshop self learned as well. :banana:

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member

i just self learned. I read up on a lot of stuff on the internet and asked guys on the forums on how they edit their photos and what settings they used etc. Ask questions and you'll learn quick. I've been doing photography since maybe April 2009. Not long at all. And then i got my D40 in JUNE. the first week with the D40 was hell. I didn't know what the hell i got myself into. i thought it was really hard to work M mode and such. These cameras displays are totally different then a Point and shoot. but after about a week i started to learn it pretty good. and now i know how to work the camera with my eyes closed.

I bought mine from Best buy. they had a special for 700.00 for the D40, 55-200MM IF ED VR lens, and a extended warrenty. Spent way more then i wanted to spend and i know there were cheaper places out there but i just couldnt wait any longer and didn't want to wait for it to be shipped lol.

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i have the nikon p90 and its good for beginners. not small point and shoot but not all tony hawk pro-photo lol.

Users who are viewing this thread